Quantcast

Sony to Launch Google TV Equipped Blu-Ray Players in the UK this Summer

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dgstorm, Jan 24, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sony is pressing forward with their Google TV initiatives, including a project to launch Google TV equipped Blu-Ray players in the UK later this summer. This seems like a great idea... bundle the product with another product that people want anyway, thereby potentially reaching a wider audience. Brilliant!

They didn't share if/when other regions will be getting the devices, but we must consider that they will most likely market it elsewhere at some point. According to Phandroid, the devices were impressive when they got to preview them at CES this year. We will let you guys know if we find out any more details.

Source: Phandroid

2. StevenB

StevenB New Member

This seriously is a cool looking remote! While I'm okay with the Sony GTV1's remote, maaan that new remote would be awesome to have! Plus the idea of bundling with a blu-ray player is smart and should've been done from the beginning probably. I'd probably own a Blu-Ray player now then!

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Wait a sec. The NSZ-GT1 Blu-Ray player was bundled with Google TV, so what stopped you from buying it then?

4. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Really? I didn't know that actually. Since I was under the impression that it was just a somewhat cool looking Blu-Ray Player that went with the Google TV theme, I never thought about looking up any info about it. Man! I could've gotten the Blu-Ray player with GTV and then get a Samsung LED TV like I have set up in my room now! (except no Blu-Ray :'( )

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yep, and without any lag too.

6. StevenB

StevenB New Member

Yeah and better contrast ratio. I put the Sony GTV in my girlfriend's living room. But seriously though, it would really be nice to have that Blu-Ray Player with the new remote. It'd be nice to have GTV at my apt too.