Quantcast

Sony set-top box, HDMI out and USB in, to a Lenovo ThinkVision multi-touchscreen

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by billndotnet, Jun 12, 2011.

1. billndotnet

billndotnet New Member

Specifically, a Lenovo ThinkVision L2461X 23.6" LED LCD Monitor.

I want to leverage all of Android's multi-touch capability with one of these. I've got it mounted to my wall. I want to be able to walk by and interact with it by touch, instead of reaching for the remote. When Pandora plays something I don't like, I want to thumbs down right there, or flip through movies or content or play Angry Birds standing up.

How can this get done?

To elaborate, I've a projection system for my home theatre. I run a 4 input, 2 output HDMI matrix unit to feed the projector and LCD the same content, so I can play/manage music without turning on the projector.

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

Well you can't use any Google TV device to do what you are attempting...at least I don't think so. Maybe when the Android Market opens up for Google TV you could use some remote desktop control program to do what you are attempting. But you would need some sort of host OS (Windows, Mac) to connect to your Lenovo Monitor that would run the client side for the remote desktop application. The other possibility again after the Android Market opens is if a developer writes drivers to take advantage of your Lenovo's touch display capability and thus feed Google TV directly to your monitor. Google TV currently supports USB mice...so I'm not sure what sort of drivers your touch display requires....so what I'm saying is that if your touch display is using some sort of mouse driver it may work today by just plugging it in to the USB port of a Google TV device. Try it out and let us know.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  3. billndotnet

billndotnet New Member

Yeah, that was my first notion, and didn't work, much to my disappointment. I'd have been ecstatic if it'd been that simple, but it required drivers to work on even Win7 (and 7's multitouch disappointed me. I dunno if it was Win7 or the monitor yet, I'm gonna try and get it to work on OSX and Ubuntu, to see how it compares.)