Quantcast

Sony remote - Which 'Select' button?

Discussion in 'Google TV FAQs' started by jerswing, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jerswing

jerswing New Member

I'm a newbie with 2 questions about 'Select' buttons on Sony remote [NSG-MR1]

1) Which 'Select' button should I use in various modes (TV, Chrome, Apps, etc.): Left thumb, Right thumb or "Enter"?

2) How would I know which?

Also - guidance using Scroll button (in above modes) to actually scroll anything will be [greatly] appreciated!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The D-Pad on the left moves the focus of the highlighted option on screen. You would use the D-Pad's Enter button the select the option that is highlighted. The Right side Optical Finger Sensor moves around the Mouse Pointer pressing down on it is light left-clicking on a mouse.

There is no write or wrong way. Basically, think of the right side of the controller as your mouse equivalent and the left side is the keyboard equivalent

Both the Scroll and the Zoom buttons are modifiers keys for when you swipe up and down with the Optical Finger Sensor.

3. jerswing

jerswing New Member

Having had some time to explore using Sony GTV remote ... I'm convinced there is NO consistent "Select" function key.

Depending on what screen/function GTV is at, "Select" may be Left button, Right button, or 'Enter' key

Now, if anyone had the patience to create a "Select" key application matrix ...

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If you're moving around with the D-Pad the "Select function" will always be the "Enter" button in its center ring. If you're manipulating the mouse pointer with the Optical Finger Sensor (OFS) then depressing it as a button will act a mouse click.