Quantcast

Sony Remote NSG-MR1 Cant Power ON/OFF My PACE DC550D?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by ulises1954, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Hi all,

I would like to know how can I Power ON and OFF my PACE DC550D Cable Box, using the SONY NSZ-GT1 Remote NSG-MR1?

With the Logitech Revue I was able to Power ON and OFF my PACE DC550D, Using the "STB" KEY, but I Dont see The STB Key in the SONY Remote NSG-MR1...

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If the Sony device does have the IR signals for toggling the power for that device, then you'll have to go into the Live TV app then press the BD/Ext Power button. Technically, you can have three or four set-top boxes connected to the television, so the power key is only applicable when you're tuned to the specific input.

3. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

eferz, Thanks for your fast reply!

I really don´t know if the NSZ-GT1 have the IR Signals to toggling the power ON/OFF for My PACE DC550D...

I have FOUR Logitech Revue Units, and the TV's settings after the upgrade of Honeycomb 3.1, always have let me enter my PACE DC550D Cable Box (using Settings/TV-Source), but apparently the SONY NSZ-GT1 don´t have that option?

I tried using the LIVE-TV App and press the BD/Ext Power... But this turn OFF my Sony NSZ-GT1 unit, even if I am watching TV!!

Do you know how can I configure the BD/Ext Power Button of the SONY NSG-MR1?

Thanks Again for all your Help!!

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can't. Sony implementation isn't customizable like as the Revue . For Sony, it either works or it doesn't. The best you can do is complain to the technical support guys in hopes that it will be addressed in a future version. Where as the Logitech Revue has the Customize Controller Key control panel which allows you to customize it. Each company has their positive and negative features. For Sony, the biggest flaw is IR control. In my opinion, its crap. They put just about as much thought into it as one of those china knock off universal remote controls that doesn't have the ability to learn. Sony makes good TVs and Blu-Ray players, horrible universal remotes.

5. ulises1954

ulises1954 Member

Thanks efersz for your help!

I know that the Sony isn't as customizable as the Revue... But, If I enter Manually some of the following CODES:

I can Only control in my PACE DC550D: Volumen, Muting, Guide and Channels (wih key pad numbers and also Pg-Up and Pg-Down).

BTW, I also have used a Logitech K700 Keyboard + USB Unifying Adapter with my SONY NSZ-GT1, and works great, but the ¨STB¨ Key Don´t do nothing... So, apparently some CODES are Missing in the Sony NSZ-GT1?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yes, that's because the key on the Logitech Revue is a fixed key which represents STB power/input. However, there is no such key on the NSG-MR1 and therefore the NSZ-GT1 does not interact with it.

7. tletourneau

tletourneau New Member

Sorry to ressurect an old thread but I just want to verify that using the Logitech K700 with the NSZ-GT1 will still not allow me to power off my STB. That is currently my only complaint with the NSZ-GT1. I also can not seem to get the BD/EXT button to power off my STB but the Sony will power it off if I select it in the advanced menu. I am really trying to get down to one remote. I have a Phillips TV and a Motorola STB. Let me know if I should start a new thread.