Quantcast

Sony online help site

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by sparkyscott21, Feb 3, 2011.

1. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

If you own a Sony product, GTV,
    This may be of some interest to you if you are having any problems.

2. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

3. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Now that I look into them, they both end up to the same site, just a little bit different while navigating to get the info. is different..
    So I say, 6 of 1 half a dozen of another... Let's see what Al thinks, really don't matter to me, really the same..

4. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

I always think it is best to Link the direct page instead of the Home page. It makes it simple, but as more models are produced one will have to enter their model number anyway, so you are correct. Right now there are only the NSZ-GT1 Sony Blu-Ray and NSX-??GT1 TVs, but that could change.

Rick

5. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I always prefer the most direct link possible for the membership (and me!). Often these sites have session-ID tagging within the url (as appears in this case) and it makes it unreliable, in that the destination can change at any time and/or result in a dead link that we keep fishing and correcting. Barring any better solution, we may have to settle with the most-direct link for now. :)

6. mannyanthony

mannyanthony New Member

4 usb and no use for it . I try different fat 32 pen drives and state "unmount". Files never appear on media player does not matter that they are linux. Try to dowload movies from site and they only dowload around 276 bites. Download Works perfect when I used my computer Try to watched movies from internet and shockwave kept on crashing. Seems that the purpose of the unit is to pay for services of the site that google decide to let you. There is not any free google tv or sony tv .I could be wrong . And I had been. But is very unwise to buy a unit that only can be use for buying services provide by seller or as expensive remote control for units I a ready own and the remote control works fine. for me is just a waste of money when the use of it is control by seller.This been my experience until now of this product. Is easy just to connect a computer to your tv. I hope there will be a revision where the unit usb can be use not only for seller porpuses and can be use more freely.