Quantcast

Sony NSZGT1 Audio cuts out for 2-3 sec. every 20 min during BlueRay and Netflix use

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by themellos, Jan 1, 2011.

1. themellos

themellos New Member

Audio cuts out for 2-3 seconds every 20 minutes or so during Blue Ray disk or Netflix streaming playback. Sony Tech support told me to change HDMI cables and to change HDMI ports on my Panasonic TV. I tried both and still occasionally cuts out. Waiting online for a Sony tech support chat to see if there are any other suggestions. Anybody have any ideas? using a 42" Viera Panasonic Plasma TV with HDMI connected to the NSZGT1 and HDMI connected to the Time Warner/Atlantic Scientific 8500HD DVR box. Very simple setup. 2 HDMI cables and a coax in. Any suggestions welcome.

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

You might want to try an ctrl+ alt+del reset on your box.
    I'm not sure if Sony's just do a soft reboot, or a hard with that.
    I think it's a soft reboot, which might do the trick.
    If it is a hard reboot, the worst thing that could happen, is it would go back to your factory settings..
    If any results, wouldn't mind knowing if that helped...

3. themellos

themellos New Member

Attempted that and a complete reset to factory defaults. Didn't work. I'm experimenting with changing all the audio selections to PCM rather than Auto and I'm taking away all the sound effect stuff. Let's see how this goes.

4. aferrel

aferrel New Member

Similar issue, main difference on setup is DirectTV DVR. Tried the various resets, going to try swapping out my HDMI to see if it helps.

5. themellos

themellos New Member

I switched HDMI cables, no effect. I changed HDMI ports on the TV, still no effect. I'm going to see if sony will give me a new unit next.

6. themellos

themellos New Member

must be some problem with the TV or the cable box. next will try to use the sound output from the sony nszgt1 direct to some Bose system and shut off the tv speakers unless someone has some other ideas???????

7. harley man

harley man New Member

not sure if this can help but can you run optic cable from bluray gtv to back of tv to see if works some you can and some are just optic out and if you disconect the gtv and just run cable box and sound is ok i would say tv is ok and its the sony gtv

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  8. chapelhilluser

chapelhilluser New Member

Did anyone ever discover a fix for this? I am having the same problem and have also been sent a new unit. I am thinking of running a separate audio link from the unit to my stereo but will have to buy a digital to analog converter. So I was wondering if anyone tried this approach with any success??

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, audio dropouts are not a widespread problem with the NSZ-GT1. I have never noticed audio dropouts with Blu-ray or DVD using my NSZ-GT1. I don't use Netflix so I can't comment on that but I don't have any issues with audio dropouts with the streaming sources I do use.

10. sludgepickle

sludgepickle New Member

This happens to me quite frequently now. Considering the unit is two years old and was a $99 refurb, I can't really complain. It is quite annoying though...for me it's during DVD playback only.

11. themellos

themellos New Member

Turns out that my work around was to buy some Bose Cinemate Series II speakers which takes an optical audio from the box. I stopped using the TV speakers. I've since bought a Sony 4K UHDTV and still use this configuration. TV speakers suck anyways. I'm happy with the Bose speakers. Pandora sounds great.