Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GT1 won't speak to Sony Receiver

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by CO2, Nov 17, 2014.

1. CO2

CO2 New Member

I have a NSZ-GT1. And a Sony STR-DH100 stereo receiver. I want to be able to adjust the receiver's volume via the Google TV's remote control. In the NSZ-GT1's "Settings -> AV Receiver Settings" there is no IR code compatible with the DH100. After selecting "Sony" as the "manufacturer," there are a handful of codes (62475, 62577, 62578, 62459, 62580), none of which apply to my trusty DH100.

Is there a hack to make this work?

Funny: I also have a Logitech Revue, which finds and interfaces with my Sony stereo receiver easy-as-pie. I only use the Sony device to watch discs.

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Revue has a bigger selection of IR codes but unless that Sony receiver uses an obscure code, it can be controlled by the NSZ-GT1. Make sure the IR emitter is aimed precisely at the IR receiver.

3. CO2

CO2 New Member

Aiming is not the issue. The codes are not correct for my model Sony receiver. It actually worked fine before a GTV software update about six months ago. After that update, the AV Receiver setting's fields changed. The Sony GTV used to look for my exact receiver, which it found. After the update, it only offers me a handful of codes, none of which are correct for my receiver.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

You received a Sony NSZ-GT1 software update to IR codes about six months ago? I am running three GT1s all with Yamaha receivers so I wouldn't have been affected by a change to the Sony codes. A change removing control of some Sony AVRs must have been inadvertent, I would contact Sony with specifics, that has to have been a mistake on Sony's part.

5. CO2

CO2 New Member

No. I noticed a general system software update approximately six or more months ago. That's when the NSZ-GT1 stopped interacting with the Sony STR-DH100 stereo receiver. Before that update, one could enter the name of a specific make and model into the GTV's A/V settings. Now one has a choice of five IR codes after choosing "Sony" as the "Manufacturer" in the "A/V Receiver setting." None of those codes work with my receiver. It used to work. Before the update. Sorry for any confusion and I appreciate your input.