Quantcast

SONY NSZ-GT1 to Technics AV Receiver SA-GX130

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jborello, Nov 26, 2011.

1. jborello

jborello New Member

Hello all!

I just purchased the Sony NSZ-GT1 and have integrated it with my Samsung HDTV PN51D450 and with a DISH Network 722 receiver. I have everything set up beautifully thanks to the help of this forums troubleshooting. I am however having issues setting up my old school Technics AV Control Stereo Receiver-- Model# SA-GX130. I would love to be able to polish off my home theater, use just the Sony TV remote and really sink my teeth into the experience but I have no idea how to go about doing this. The Technics Receiver has only basic in and outputs. Do I need to set this up with an IR Blaster? The manufacturer is not listed as a known device in the audio/visual list and I don't have a remote control for it anyways. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

JB

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

One of the unfortunate failing of the Sony Google TV products is the lack of customization for the third-party IR devices. They offer you one of those, "either we support or we don't" offerings with their IR control implementation. Effectively, if they do not provide you with a compatible IR profile then you won't be able to control it. The best you can do in this regards is to file a request for enhancement with their Sony's Technical Support in hopes that it will one day be supported in a future patch.

However, all is not lost. You can always plug in a Mini Phono to Phono Right/Left Y-Cable into the headphone jack of the Sony Internet TV. This will provide a variable line output that you can plug into your stereo system.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jborello

jborello New Member

Thanks eferz for the quick response. I will take your recommendation for a test drive tomorrow morning. Thanks for helping everyone on this board!

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Always glad to help. I hope it works out for you.

5. Instrumental

Instrumental New Member

I used the Pansonic setting for my Technics. Mine was purchased in 1997, still running like a champ! I use the audio output from my TV to send signal to the. As eferz mentioned, I too had to use the 3.5 mm to RCA's to get signal from the TV to the receiver. Maybe someday I'll pick up a new receiver, but I think I should pay off the TV and Google TV set top box first!

• Like Like x 4
  6. jborello

jborello New Member

Thanks for the info Instrumental. The 3.5mm to RCA's do work from the tv to receiver like eferz shared but I also found that I can use RCA's from the audio out on my DISH Netwok 722k HD DVR and run them into the receiver on my CD IN or PHONO IN. Both work, but if I don't want surround or I want to listen to sports talk radio on FM I have to manually change the input on the receiver. I would love a new receiver but I will have some major bills coming up with the holidays approaching. Sounds like a good gift to ask for tho!

7. dullgeek

dullgeek New Member

Ooh! I didn't know that Technics was a panasonic brand. I'm going to have to try this when I get home.

Thanks. (I find myself more excited than I should be for this bit of information. )

Update: That worked! Thank you.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  8. jborello

jborello New Member

Istrumental- That Panasonic only has one IR code? How did you decifer?

9. Instrumental

Instrumental New Member

Mine worked on the first Panasonic code it offered.

I discovered this quite by accident, I had a Panasonic TV or VCR, can't remember which, and the remote for that did some stuff on my receiver. I recalled that when setting up the box, and the GTV codes do power and volume, which is all I really need. Haven't checked to see if it will change inputs, but I don't need to as I only need the one input from the TV out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jborello

jborello New Member

I'll give this a whirl tonight. Good looking out.

11. jborello

jborello New Member

After I buy double sided tape because the frst time i unmounted the IR sensors they rip off the sensor completely!

12. jborello

jborello New Member

Thanks for this suggestion but the Panasonic codes do not work for me :(