Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GT1 Media Player

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by andremares, Jul 14, 2011.

1. andremares

andremares New Member

Hello forum,

I have had the NSZ-GT1 since Christmas 2010. It works great (handles all my media and has awesome playback).

But...I have a few issues that have popped up and wondered if anyone else had these problems.

I have a Promise Technologies NS2300N media server on my network. The DLNA server on it has always worked great with my Roku media streamer, PS3 media player and my Windows Media Player. I usually know what I want to view, so I default to the browse folder view to get media. (Other view methods work too). I have started experiencing a problem though on my GoogleTV. Sometimes my listing of media gets screwed up in the browse folders view and does not show new items added. When I go to my other devices..(PS3, ROKU, Windows) the items show up just fine. I've tried power off , reboot and even cleaning the information for media player in the Apps setup section. None of this fixes the problem. My only recourse is to do a full factory reset....and even that did not work last time. ( I had to do it twice for the new stuff to show). I thought that was really strange when doing a full factory reset.

Anyone else have these issues? Its only with the GoogleTV, so I know the NAS is working fine.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

Yes, I face similar issues in google tv. sometimes cannot find the media i updated in my laptop. usually i restart the tv and its all good again. never had to go for factory reset yet...its fixable but annoying. but streaming through my PS3 gives better image quality than my laptop with windows media server? do you agree?

3. andremares

andremares New Member

For me the quality between the PS3 and the Google TV box is pretty similar. For me the main thing going for the google tv is the easy web access and I like the remote keypad :) Just wish it did not get finicky with the media.

4. ctgtvuser

ctgtvuser New Member

The recent July update seemed to scrambled my media player play lists as well. I use Eyeconnect from Elgato and I've never had this problem before. Other than restricting access to encoded video media from iTunes, I'm pretty happy with it. So ... to reset and unscramble my playlists I went into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and then found Media Player. I went ahead and used the "Clear Data" tab. I went ahead and restarted MediaPlayer - TWICE - and it went through a lengthy start sequence. I ended up doing it twice as the FIRST attempt seemed quirky, so I closed it and did it a second time. Although I haven't checked all my folders yet, I've found now the few that I've tried are all back to normal. Hope that helps. If anyone know's how to play iTunes video content via Eyeconnect, please let me know.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Elgato would have to enhance their EyeConnect server to be a DNLA server compliant. Being a UPnP AV Media is not enough, as the Logitech Media Player is strictly a DNLA client.