Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GT1 (Internet TV Blu-ray disc player) shows SONY logo and then a blank scree

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by shri, Jul 5, 2011.

1. shri

shri New Member

My Sony device was working fine. Now when I start it up, it shows the Sony logo, and then TV screen becomes blank. I have left the device on for two days in case an update was underway, but its still the same. I have seen this behavior in the past too and the issue resolves by itself after a few days. However, not being able to use the TV for a few days every few months is a major nuisance.

I cannot even try a factory reset when this happens as the factory reset is done using the menus. But since the screen is blank, I cannot access the menu.

I use the device in conjunction with a Dish DVR set-top box. I have now removed the Sony device out of the loop, and can was DISH programming by connecting it to the TV. So there is no problem with the Dish DVR or my TV.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Shri

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Do a Factory Data Reset. If this does not fix your problem then take it back and get a new unit. No one should ever have to go through what you are with any electronic.

Keep us posted

3. shri

shri New Member

How do I do a factory reset? Like I mentioned, I believe a reset is done by going to Settings, but I cannot even do that as I just get a blank screen. I do not see any way to do a hardware reset on the device.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Pressing FN+1 should bring up the settings for you - Check to make sure your not tuned to a channel that is broadcasting dead air by pressing your remote buttons channel up and down. etc.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Do you use a router to connect to the internet? I would check all your internet connections and make sure that your internet connection is working properly (as a precautionary measure). Can you connect and use another internet device from that same source as your Sony is connected to? Also make sure that in your set-up menu your Google TV is set for the proper internet source (ethernet or wireless).

6. rob71917

rob71917 New Member

my is doing the same thing the data reset did not fix it whats next

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

You could try unplugging it and see if the blank screen is caused by overheating. Let it unplugged for a day and plug it back in and see if that fixes it. I assume you both have the device where it gets lots of air and is not in a confined cabinet without much air flow. Also I assume your not in a house where it gets really hot and there is no way to cool it down.

If that fails your best bet would be to call the manufacturer or email them for support.

Click the search button on your controller as well and see if your on youtube as some folks are getting blank screens while on youtube due to the flash messing up with hardware acceleration.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  8. dlrich00

dlrich00 New Member

I just had the same issue starting tonight. Was there any resolution?

9. andrewdoan

andrewdoan New Member

I need help, please. My Sony GTV that I just bought will not decode DD. DTS, DTS Master. The Sony GTV does only 5.1 PMC.

I haven't set up the Wifi internet yet and I started out with some Bluray movies via HDMI out from the Sony GTV to my Pio SC05.

What's missing? I was told the Sony GTV will decode DD, DTS, DTS Master. Was I wrong?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is decoding Dolby, otherwise you wouldn't hear any sound from any Dolby Audio source. It doesn't bitstream Dolby Digital though, it decodes the Dolby stream and transcodes it into 7.1 Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) stream out through HDMI. It is matching the available Dolby channels to the appropriate channel.