Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GT1 and Sony Tablet?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by jborello, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jborello

jborello New Member

There is a universal remote option included loaded in tablet and I was curious if it would work with the GTV Box? This would be very handy in the evening when watching movies, etc, since the standard remote isn't back-lit. Albeit I'm not looking to purchase the tablet just for a universal remote, I am looking for a hands on review or 2, more specifically with the Sony GTV Box. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

As I understand, Android Tablets, like the Sony Tablet S series and the Vizio VTAB1008, are starting to come with IR Blasters and a universal remote software. However, not all Google TV devices by Sony have an IR Sensor. The ones that do, does not have all the available discrete commands for the Google TV platform. However, almost any Android or iOS tablet or phone will be able to control Google TV as it is now.

There are already quite a bit of remote apps available Google TV. In the Android Market there are Google TV Remote, Logitech Harmony for Revue, Media Remote for Android, Media Remote for Tablet , Able Remote and Able Remote for Google TV. In the iTunes App Store there are Google TV Remote, Logitech Harmony for Logitech Revue, and Media Remote for iPhone. So, you'll be able to control Google TV even if Sony did not incorporate their Media Remote software into the Universal Remote software that comes prepackaged with the new Sony Tablet.

• Like Like x 2