Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GS7 vs Co-Star vs Revue vs Roku3 vs Apple TV3

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by revue5, Mar 19, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Click on image to enlarge

Google TV & Streaming Players Entertainment Apps (chart)​

Last edited: May 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devices /Conductivity - Click here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

List of Key differences between
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sony NSZ-GS7, Co-Star & Revue -
    Click here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

edit page ........

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Google TV V3
    from Google - Demo (what's included?)
    Published on Oct 19, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  7. jschall

jschall Member

I think you reversed the signal flow arrow on the second output of the GTV in both setups.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what your point is, @revue5. Does anybody seriously plan to buy and install all those boxes at once? OK, I'm a geek and I have an Equiso Pro hooked into the 3rd HDMI port on my HDTV. But how many are there like me?

8. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I love this thread but I would run only the cable box/DVR through Google TV then run Google TV through the AVR to the display. EVerything else, Roku, Apple TV, Blu-ray should be connected directly to the AVR.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  9. ChrisG8

Maybe add Google Play Movies and TV? I believe any rentals are available through YouTube but it looks like a proper rental service, YouTube doesn't. I have used it some, works on all Google TV boxes but not available for Apple TV. I know M-Go is working on adding the Logitech Revue, hopefully that will happen sooner, rather than later.

10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

THE ABOVE DIAGRAM DESCRIBES EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE .... VUDU IS THE GAME CHANGER ....!

"Right About Now, If You Are A
    Vizio Co-Star Owner, You Got To Be A Very Happy Camper" ...!

The
    Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV 3 update has been released with only the Amazon Instant Video, Voice Search and (HBOGo May Not Even Be A App) as new features .. The new Sony NSZ-GS7 remote with voice search will cost NSZ-GS7 owners $50.00 (Optional or Not), think about it now, Rip-Off, Sony should have a free remote exchange policy in place ...!

Truly The
    Vizio Co-Star v4.6.0 Google TV 3 (OS) Upscale Update Rules Supreme Over Sony's NSZ-GS7 Google TV 3 Update ...!

The Vizo Co-Star can now boost/claim the Most and Best (Built In On Board) TV entertainment "PrimeTime" apps for ALL Google TV set top boxes, hands down ...

Like ALL set top box owners, I rather have the Most and Best "PrimeTime" apps on my set top boxes, that's what Streaming Internet Video Media Players are ALL about, the people's choice of the Most and Best TV entertainment "PrimeTime" apps Built In On Board ...

That's why the Vizio Co-Star RULES Supreme .....!

*I'm
    not in argument about which Google TV device is the best, although some people tried very hard to make a confrontation of Google TV devices argument the prime subject even here in this thread...

Each Google TV device has it's own unique TV entertainment system apps built in on board in the firmware ....

All I'm saying, I believe the Co-Star has the most and best "PrimeTime" must see TV entertainment apps built in on board via the v4.6.0 Google TV 3 upscale update ... This has nothing to do with which Google TV device is the best, but now I believe the Co-Star has the best running Google TV 3 software ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you have the right audio equipment, you can get just about any kind of audio output you want with your Vizio Co-Star ...

The above photos are from the Co-Star and not from a computer ... I keep telling the people Co-Stars's v4.6.0 Google TV 3 update is superior to the NSZ-GS7 REL07 update ...

11. ChrisG8

Does the Co-Star only offer 2.0 PCM audio with Vudu as the chart seems to indicate? If so, will the Co-Star be updated to Vudu with Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 and 7.1? I use Vudu players capable of that and most Vudu movies include surround sound options, I would never use the Co-Star if it is only capable of 2.0 PCM.

I have used the Sony Entertainment Movie service offered with Sony Google TV boxes, it is good and offers 5.1 surround sound. Vudu is my favorite streaming movie rental service and I would expect it to be added to the Sony NSZ-GS7 and include the option for surround sound for those that want it, I know I do.

Does Vizio have a free remote exchange for its included remote that doesn't have a mic? If not, why is that you think Sony should have a free exchange for its remote? I have seen your claim the Vizio Co-Star rules supreme, although you can't support that claim, you can just make it. You need to actually offer something that supports the claim when you make it. If I am reading the chart right, and it is accurate, no surround for Vudu with the Co-Star, your claim isn't only inaccurate, it is absurd.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I own neither the Sony NSZ-GS7 or the Vizio Co-Star so I'm making no claims about any box being superior over the others. However I have a legitimate question: Doesn't the Vizio Co-Star support the OnLive gaming platform with a native OnLive app?

I know the Sony NSZ-GS7 doesn't have a native OnLive app. I had read that OnLive was making an android app that the other 2nd generation GTV boxes (including the Sony NSZ-GS7) could utilize from the Google Play Store - but I don't know if this app ever came to fruition? Does the Sony NSZ-GS7 have a gaming alternative to OnlLive?

I suggest OP update his chart with this information.

13. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

You’ll be surprised how many users (in US) with these boxes and more…. :rolleyes: . They want Netflix, Amazon VOD, Amazon Prime ($ 8 a month all you can eat), Hulu+, HBO GO, Vudu, iTune, Blockbuster, YouTube Movies, Cable/Sat Premium channels & PPV, web Surfing (on TV) … etc… (not a single box has it all, yet). Hit the AVS forum & get some ideas. :)

Btw, the above setup is mainly to take advantage of GTV PiP & multi tasking features. It also came up several times on this forum asking how to surf /watch/ Pip from multi devices via a GTV box? Generally users put GTV box behind the AVR.

The point is, if a GTV box doesn’t currently offer certain app(s), the user will have choices to add another box or more …;)

14. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I think Google Play Movies & YouTube Movies offer same rentals.

15. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Btw, I just made this chart for movies & TV shows apps. Perhaps a gamer can share & post a gaming chart. :)

16. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Yes, the Superior Vizio Co-Star has a native ONLive app built in on board ....!

17. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChrisG8, when you have the right audio equipment, you can get just about any kind of audio output you want with your Vizio Co-Star ...

18. ChrisG8

It is a yes or no question. Does the Co-Star handle Vudu DD and DD+ audio? A picture of a Co-Star accessing a computer to handle DTS audio means nothing to me and is irrelevant to the question.

19. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChrisG8, come on man, the above is not from a computer and I believe you know that too ...

The photos are from the Co-Star, I keep telling you ChrisG8 the Co-Stars's v4.6.0 Google TV 3 update is superior to the NSZ-GS7 REL07 update ...

20. ChrisG8

I didn't say it was a picture of a computer, I said it was a picture of a Co-Star. Apparently you don't know the answer or don't want to answer the question. Will somebody that owns and uses a Co-Star and capable of answering the question tell me if the Co-Star can play DD and DD+ audio from Vudu?