Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GS7 Remote Not Working

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by MeggyChoo, Mar 23, 2013.

1. MeggyChoo

MeggyChoo New Member

I recently bought a Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV and finally got around to playing with it this weekend. To my utter surprise, I can't use the remote at all with the device. The green light blinks every time I press a button on the the remote but nothing happens on the screen. I remain stuck on the initial screen asking me to select a language. Again no matter what button I press (up / down / left / right), nothing moves on the screen. I have setup the HDMI out only and I hope that's not a problem.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a device issue?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. The following are the instructions for a non-responsive Sony NSZ-GS7 remote from the Sony web site:

"Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.

-- Disconnect the AC power cord from the media player.

Remove the batteries from the remote control.

While the batteries are out, press any of the buttons on the keypad to discharge any stored current.

If possible, test the batteries to make sure both have a sufficient charge or replace the batteries with fresh ones.

Reinsert the batteries into the keypad remote control, making sure to match the polarity with the + (PLUS) and - (MINUS) symbols on the battery compartment.

Reconnect the power cord to the media player.

Attempt to use the keypad remote control to turn on and operate the Internet TV device.

If the remote control still does not operate, use a ball-point pen to press the CONNECT button on the bottom on the Internet TV device.

Follow the instructions displayed on the TV screen to re-pair the remote control with the Internet TV device.

If pairing does not succeed, press the CONNECT button to cancel the pairing process.

Connect a USB keyboard and mouse to the media box or start the Media Remote app on a smartphone or tablet.

Using the keyboard and mouse, or the Media Remote app, make sure the latest firmware update is installed.

If the remote still does not work, check Auto lock in Demo settings as follows:

Press the HOME button and select All Apps .

In the All Apps screen, select Settings .

In the Settings screen, select Unit settings .

In the Unit settings screen, select Demo mode .

NOTE: You can see Auto lock in Demo settings only when Demo mode is set to On . If Auto lock is set to On , change it to Off within the time of Reset timing . Then, try pairing again."

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/...layKC&externalId=C1030111&fes=true&mdl=NSZGS7

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member