Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GS7 IR Blaster issues

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by idic, Aug 7, 2012.

1. idic

idic New Member

I'm using a Sony NSZ-GS7 box and am using an (admittedly old) NetGem DVR FreeView tuner box. NetGem is listed as a manufacturer both under Cable section and PVR section.

My issue is this: if I select 'Netgear 7000 Series' under the Cable section the IR Blaster will switch on/off, channel up/down, and the various function buttons including red/green/yellow/blue colour buttons. The Play/Pause/FF/RW button's DON'T work, however, as I assume the system doesn't recognise that it has that functionality. So I can't pause live TV or play back recordings etc.

If I select 'NetGem N7000' under the PVR section then the IR Blaster will switch on/off, channel up/down, the Play/Pause/FF/RW buttons DO work (so I can control playback) but the colour buttons red/green/yellow/blue don't work, which means I can't actually access the PVR function as those colours control various options in the access menus.

I have set up two input sources, one as Cable and one as PVR but having to switch between the two just to access the colour buttons OR the play/pause buttons seems ridiculous. Is there any way at all that will enable me to specify manually which buttons will send an IR blast? Clearly the codes exist, but the entries don't seem to be up-to-date.

I'm quite frustrated by this, and would appreciate any suggestions or comments on what I could do to try and clear this up. Thanks!

2. halox

halox New Member

It seems the GS7 has some issues with databases ... and, unfortunately unlike the Revue, there is no way to get the device to "learn" new commands or to map custom keys on the keyboard to get new functions.

My advice? Have you tried a remote app like Able Remote or even official GoogleTV remote? You might be able to send the missing commands from there.