Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GS7 connecting to Marantz amplifier through WiFi

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by chemonized, Dec 3, 2012.

1. chemonized

chemonized New Member

As the title says, can I connect the google tv to a marantz amplifier through WiFi ? The marantz can connect to other WiFi devices, but is the google tv able to do that ?

Thanks in advance.

2. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

I don't know about wifi, but if the receiver has Bluetooth you can do it that way instead.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  3. terrywan

terrywan New Member

no, because wifi need has sender and receiver, when you dealing connect, must input password, how will you input the password?

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The only methods of playing content with Google TV are by HDMI and or optical audio connection. You can't play content by Wi-Fi, you can't play content by Bluetooth, not through a receiver, not through a display. Google TV can receive content by various meithods, from the internet over eithernet or Wi-Fi, from PCs or servers, USB input, audio and video through the HDMI input can be played using Google TV but in every case, that content is played over the HDMI and or optical audio output.

So no, you can't play Google TV content by connecting your Google TV to a receiver by Wi-Fi, that must be by HDMI or optical audio output. If your receiver is a certified DLNA server, you may possibly be able to receive content from the receiver by Wi-Fi and could call that a Wi-Fi connection but it would be one way only and the opposite of the way you want the two connected.

5. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

I thought the op was just refering to streaming audio. If that is the case then yes he can do it with Bluetooth. I have paired my Sony nsz-gs7 with a Bluetooth adapter, and streamed what was on through it.

If the op is refering to audio and video together then he will need a wireless hdmi kit for that.

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

His questions concerned connecting Google TV to his receiver by Wi-Fi, he needs to connect Google TV by HDMI to his receiver or connect HDMI to the display and optical audio to the receiver. If he wants to buy an HDMI wireless kit to connect Google TV by HDMI, that should work but it is still being connected by HDMI.

What kind of Bluetooth adapter are you using to stream audio from Google TV to an AV Receiver.

7. chemonized

chemonized New Member

Thanks for all the nice replies.

Maybe I was not elaborate enough, so let me try again.

I have a projector Panasonic PT-AR100 connected to the google TV through HDMI,

My question is if I can send the audio through WiFi or Blue Tooth to the Marantz AV Reciever NR1603 with the Blue Tooth extension RX101. That way I wouldnt have to wire the audio output from the google tv to the AV receiver.

Is it possible to send the audio data from the google tv to the AV receiver that way through WiFi or Blue Tooth ?

Thanks in advance

8. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

^
    Give it a try,

To pair a Bluetooth (BT) device to Sony-box – click here

Good luck :)

9. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

Yes you can I did it with a ml-d100 adpater attached to my Bose just to see if it worked. On the Sony goto settings --> network --> Bluetooth settings and search and pair it there.

10. terrywan

terrywan New Member

If the tv box support bluetooth, you can send the audio through bluetooth, if the tv box don't support bluetooth, you need 2.4G wireless transfer the audio.