Quantcast

Sony NSZ-GS7 and ATT Uverse Tv

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by skull791, Mar 1, 2013.

1. skull791

skull791 New Member

Hi everyone,

I just got two sony nsz-gs7 for my basement and family room. I have ATT Uverse tv. When I set everything up and do google tv search for a given show it dose not shows me any choices from my DVR or Uverse on demand. It that right? It will pull up amazon on demand or google store but that is it. any input will be appreciated.

Any news on the google TV v3 update?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The ability for GTV devices to search on-demand and DVR programs is among the features referred to as "enhanced integration". Enhanced integration is only available with Dish Network and requires a $4/mo GTV integration fee.

• Like Like x 2
  3. skull791

skull791 New Member

that sucks. It will be nice to get it on all providers. I would even consider to pay that $4 if available.

4. CatfishRivers

Yes it would be nice - but IMO it's not likely to happen. Dish Network was a GTV partner at launch - and since the GTV launch no other TV providers have climbed aboard the GTV bandwagon. In fact it was reported that Comcast's steadfast refusal to "play ball" with GTV was one of the factors influencing Google to sell the Motorola set-top box division.

http://gigaom.com/2012/08/30/google-tv-motorola-set-top-boxes/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  5. skull791

skull791 New Member

O well i guess i just have to search on my box. I just cant wait till update rolls out. my friend has vizio costar and at times i wonder if i should go and get vizio just to have new version of google tv. anyone know of any updates

6. CatfishRivers

I'm sure that all NSZ-GS7 boxes will be getting the update relatively soon. I believe that Sony began the recent update rollout for the NSZ-GS7 and then subsequently discovered a bug. Once the bug is corrected the update to all NSZ-GS7 devices will be completed. This is why they rollout the update gradually - so that bugs can be reported and fixed. I know it can be frustrating to wait a little longer - however IMO this is the prudent way to do the rollout (as opposed to rushing it out fast and having bugs, complaints and unhappy customers).

7. skull791

skull791 New Member

makes sense