Quantcast

Sony NSX-46GT Slingplayer

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by Coolhandluke, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Coolhandluke

Coolhandluke New Member

I cannot get slingplayer to work through spotlight. When download is complete it say platform not supported. Does anyone no why?

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. italleo1974

italleo1974 New Member

I would like to know the same thing.

3. Chimerabb

Chimerabb New Member

You guys are not the only ones having problems with Sling Player in Google TV. I think it is the problem with the Sling Player itself. Other apps are working perfectly in Spotlight. I think Sling Player developers are working on something. I hope soon there will be some update from the sling developer's side.

4. callanish

callanish Member

The connected devices for sling have been a bit of a disaster. The slingcatcher was stable, and when it was discontinued, sling went in the slingcatcher v2.0 direction by combining their software to be coupled with someone else's hardware and frankly all platforms through the connected devices ( googletv, wdtv live and boxee) have been a half ass effort from sling. I've tried them all and wouldn't recommend anything except a used slingcatcher. The time it takes for sling media to address these bugs have been unforgivable. I just hope they don't abandon the whole connected devices concept leaving googletv owners with an app that will never function with their slingbox. Originally I though slingbox hd pro owners had escaped the issues that solo owners were experiencing, but I'm now reading owners of HD pro's are also dealing with their own problems, so it's been a mess.....so far.

5. futureboy

futureboy New Member

Make sure the User Agent in the browser is set to - "Default User Agent"