Quantcast

Sony NSX-40GT1 won't connect to wireless router

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by wzhizhi22, Nov 25, 2011.

1. wzhizhi22

wzhizhi22 New Member

I just bought a nsx-40gt1 and when I went to setup the internet access the tv will not connect. It will search and find the correct wi-fi device, but after I enter my passphrase the screen just keeps loading and says obtaining address. After this did not work for the first half hour I tried to setup the internet by using a WPS pin and still nothing. Can anyone tell me what I am not doing or what I need to do to connect my tv to the internet.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Check the Build number at GTV Settings > About, if it is 3.1_2011102306 then there's are a couple known issues which may be relevant to your problem. If it is the DHCP problem then you can manually set it in GTV Settings > Wi-Fi > Long Key Press of SSID under Wi-Fi Networks > Modify network and at the bottom you can switch it from DHCP to Static and provide the manual settings of the IP address information. Otherwise, you'll have to connect it via Ethernet to download the update. You may consider using a HomePlug AV Powerline Kit from either Logitech or Netgear instead of WiFi networking.

3. wzhizhi22

wzhizhi22 New Member

It says the build number os 2.1_2010080602FI. If I am able to do the update by using an ethernet cable would I be able to use the Wi-Fi then?

4. wzhizhi22

wzhizhi22 New Member

Problem solved. Thank you for the help I was using the wps pin and I never noticed I could use the push button instead. Everything is working fine and I am receiving the update now. Once again thank you.