Quantcast

Sony NSX-40GT1 will not turn on!!

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by sly_fox, Feb 1, 2012.

1. sly_fox

sly_fox New Member

Ok so I recently bought a Sony NSX-40GT1 at my local best buy and so far Im loving the TV but theres an issue thats bugging me and I dont know if its normal or not. I have my tv set to Quick Start and last night when I turned the tv on it wouldnt load google tv, all I got was a black screen. After a couple of seconds I heard a light clicking noise and the tv turned off. I tried it again and the same thing happened. I had to disconnect the tv and connect it again in order to get it to boot. This had happened once before but the tv quickly booted afterwards. Anyway I just want to know if this is just a random hiccup with the google TV OS booting from stand by or should I be worried? Im still within the 30 day return policy at best buy so Im thinking about returning it but Im not sure. Anyway is this normal or do I have a faulty tv. Im really in loved with the TV but I want something reliable.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, that's not normal. You probably have a defective television.

There is really no way to tell if it is just a random mishap. However, the electronics these days are pretty stable and you shouldn't really be experiencing that at all. I would suspect that there's a slight malfunction with the inverter from your description. But, I'm not an authorized Sony television repairman. I would keep an eye on it and return it if it happened more than once within a 30 day window. You might want to let your cohabitants also aware of it, so that they can report it to you instead of also writing it off as a quirk. Don't lower your expectations just because its new technology.

3. halox

halox New Member

Have you tried giving it some wine? A backrub, maybe?