Quantcast

Sony NSX-40GT1 Fails to Connect to internet via ATT iPhone 4 Personal Hot Spot

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by nichols391, Dec 31, 2011.

1. nichols391

nichols391 New Member

I have been trying to connect to the internet with a newly purchased Sony Google TV NSX 40GT 1. The set up wizzard finds the WiFi signal, accepts the security ID but then hangs with no response. No error just continues with the circle rotating. Every other device, computer, IPAD2, other phones will connect without trouble. Any one have an idea of where to go. ATT rep says it should but no lucK!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Have you tried to set a static IP address? It could be a problem trying to get a DHCP from your iOS device.

3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Had same issue here, what I ended up doing was setting up connection on tv, then turn tv off, turn hotspot on iPhone on then turn tv back on, it will connect, but once you drop the connection you will have to power cycle the tv to reconnect to it. This is the only way I can get it to work with my iPhone. Hope it helps.

4. kvgreen

kvgreen New Member

I have the same issue with my Sony google TV box and new iPad 3 4g from verizon. The google box sees the iPad but won't connect. If I power cycle the google box as suggested it works (thanks for that suggestion!).

Come on, Sony, fix this one!

Kevin