Quantcast

Sony nsx-40gt1 and chromecast device

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by suresh.chowta, Dec 3, 2014.

1. suresh.chowta

suresh.chowta New Member

Hi,

I got a chromecast device recently. So, I just wanted to try it on my sony google tv (though my google tv supports almost all of its functionality). But, when I try to setup the device on my laptop, the setup says that the device is found, but says "We can't seem to connect to you Chromecast"

Does google tv support chromecast device ?

Thanks
    Suresh

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Assuming you are using a tablet or smart phone to connect, the Sony GTV is only providing the HDMI input for the Chromecast and the error can't have anything to do with the TV. At least I can't think of how the GTV could come into play here.

I don't know the trouble shooting procedures when this happens since my Chromecast easily connects with my network but I believe it must be a network problem of some sort. Hopefully somehow with knowledge of how to fix this issue will stop by soon.

3. jeff275

jeff275 New Member

I have the same TV and a Chromecast and they work fine together. It seems like there were some issues setting up the Chromecast but it works fine for me, switches over automatically if I start playing something and is even called "Chromecast" in the input menu. Hopefully you got yours working.