Quantcast

Sony NSX-32GT1 Google internet TV stuck. Keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MikeT, Nov 12, 2013.

1. MikeT

MikeT New Member

I recently acquired a used NSX-32GT1 that keeps rebooting after displaying 3 pop up error messages:
    1. Application Volume Manager (in process.com.sony.system.volume) not responding and
    2. Application TV (in process com.google.tv.player) not responding, and
    3. Process System not responding.
    Each of these pop up messages end with "Force Close" or "Wait" as the only options.

I can't see any apps in the background or at the bottom. The tv does not respond to the remote. I have plugged in a usb keyboard. That's how I can press Enter to choose "Force Close" on the error messages.

I tried updating it to OGM V3.2_2012091701 via usb but, the update fails with the error message "data Update error"
    press any key to exit.
    I tried to restore the system to factory default but it also fails, returning the same error message "data Update error"

I have read about everything on the eSony site, this forum and its wiki hoping to find a solution, to no avail.

I see that this forum has not been too active as of late. That could be a sign that participants have found solutions... Hope someone here can help.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. Have you tried the following solution from the eSony web site?

Error: Application Volume Manager Not Responding or Process System Not Responding.
    Article ID: 33499 | Last Updated: 08/29/2013
    Reboot the Internet TV device by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace/Delete buttons on the remote control.

IMPORTANT: Make sure the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace/Delete buttons are pressed and held all at the same time.
    After the Internet TV device reboots, go to the Google® Chrome browser main page.
    On the keypad remote control, press the MENU button.
    Press the down arrow to select Settings.
    Press the ENTER button.
    Press the down arrow to select Advanced Settings.
    Press the ENTER button.
    Use the Optical Finger Sensor (OFS) to point and select Under the Hood.
    Under User Agent, use the OFS to select Generic.
    Press the BACK button (see image above) twice to exit the mode setting screen.
    Clear the cookies and cache in the Google Chrome™ browser.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33499/c/65,66/p/61659,63656,63657,63659/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. wywshek

wywshek New Member

I also have a NSX32GT1. It cannot open up the website "tdameritrade". When watching "bloomber tv" it keeps crashing.
    I experienced this problem before but now it is spreading to main stream website. Soon, this tv will become obsolete.
    I tried to download the more up-to-date google chrome, but the system is not capable of updating from download unless it come from Sony.
    I wrote to Sony, they advice me that the google software for this tv is not the same as the google software that we normally accustom to.
    Any suggestion to make the tv more robust.

4. MikeT

MikeT New Member

CatfishRivers, Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this eSony solution already. It doesn't work. The NXS-32GT1 is stuck in a loop and can't see or respond to the remote when thus stuck. It displays these messages about 3 times and reboots. I tried to get around it by rebooting in system mode (hold down the power button while plugging it and keep holding the power button for about 4 sec). The tv boots up in system menu where one can update/restore the system. It times out on these operations with "Data Update Error" message. Hoping someone has a solution. Thanks.

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Catfish, might that User Agent String you posted a while back work for those sites as it does for Outlook Mail?

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1309.0 Safari/537.17