Quantcast

Sony Internet TV Webcam???

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by eddiebaretoe, May 28, 2011.

1. eddiebaretoe

eddiebaretoe New Member

Is there or will there be webcam for Sony's TV? I checked the webcam thread in the forums, but didn't see one.

2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

3. chig

chig New Member

Sparky I read your links but they didn't really show me anything relating to getting a video chat going with the Sony Google TVs. That isn't really what was asked in the OP, but I'm guessing even if those cameras could somehow function as a webcam, there isn't any video chat app for the Sony TVs now is there.
    What app does the Revue use? And are there any more apps for Sony than what came with it or are we still waiting on that update?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, there's not. At the moment, Logitech Revue has the only video conferencing software and hardware for Google TV. Sony's Bravia SmartTVs with Yahoo Connected TV platform uses Skype Video Conferencing software and hardware.

No, those devices act as a USB storage device when plugging into the Sony Internet TVs. This allows you to watch the recorded multimedia files contained within them on your television.

Logitech Revue uses the Vid HD application with the Logitech TV Cam to support video conferencing. I suspect that Logitech's partnership probably holds an exclusive deal with Google for this support which is why during 2011 Google I/O it was said that it won't be supported for awhile.