Quantcast

Sony Internet TV Shutting Itself Off

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by AgilityDogs, Apr 25, 2012.

1. AgilityDogs

AgilityDogs New Member

My Sony Internet TV is shutting itself off. When it comes back, it tells me that the date/time in incorrect and there's no internet connection. But all other devices (PC, stc) can access the internet. Any Ideas???

Thank you!

AgilityDogs

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

This usually happens when your tv loses connection to your router. Go in to your settings by pressing FN+1 and play around with your network settings. If your network settings are good you should be able to play a youtube video with your tv. If you can't play a video on youtube with your tv then it's your network as I am betting your tv is connected via wifi and your losing the signal.

3. brianks

brianks New Member

I've had this problem, too. It sometimes has a message about the time being wrong, and sometimes it doesn't. It shut down and rebooted itself four times within an hour today, prompting me to join this site to find solutions.

I'm not sure it's a problem with wifi connections. It happens even while I'm connected to something like Netflix or Youtube, so it doesn't seem like it would be due to disconnection of Internet.

Noticed today that one time it shut down I was in websurfing mode, clicked PLAY from list of Google site's options. Window popped up asking if I wanted to view it in Chrome or Aps mode. I chose Chrome twice, and each time it shut me down.

4. Covachi

Covachi New Member

I've had the same problem. not connect to wireless internet and intrmittently turn on and off.i ve warranty with geek squad , they exchanged with a brand new sony google tv box. lucky !!!