Quantcast

Sony Internet TV 40" Keeps turning on and off

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by geek_riot, Jan 22, 2012.

1. geek_riot

geek_riot New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have a 40" Sony Internet TV that I purchased in October of 2011. In the last two days it has turned itself on and off 4 times. It actually seems to turn off and on the way it does when the power is cut. SONY logo then Google logo then the ribbon/colored animation thingie. No one is touching the remote, none of the other items on the powerstrip turn on and off either. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Kim

2. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Forgive me asking the obvious but, have you checked to see if you have any timers set?

3. geek_riot

geek_riot New Member

I thought the same thing. I figured maybe my kiddo somehow activated one. But nope, no timers. The intervals it happens are odd. I have noticed it for the past few days. Previously it seemed to happen about once a day. Then today it happened 3 times in 2 hours, then again about an hour later. I am quite puzzled. I did read something about blu-ray players that are controlled by the tv maybe causing it to power cycle when the player shuts off. So I turned off that setting in my Sony BR player. I haven't seen anything since, but I won't say it's resolved until nothing happens for a couple days.

4. hmbsurfing

hmbsurfing New Member

I am suffering the same "restarting issue". I started happening about 2 weeks ago. I addition to the TV restarting itself, I have just started seeing issues when I turn the TV on. It lights the SONY logo and GREEN indicator in the bottom right, but the screen stays blank. After about 3 minutes, the TV restarts and reboots (begins it's startup screens). It behaves fine after that "reboot"

5. Dubs22

Dubs22 New Member

I dont have Sony Internet TV, just the Sony BlueRay GTV box. I was having a similiar issue with my Samsung TV which was about 2 years old. The TV would turn itself on and off. I was going to have a new fuse put in my tv, but the tv repairmen never called me back. The TV was unplugged for about a week. When i plugged it back in, the TV never had the issue. Maybe its related to the sony remote or maybe my issue isnt related at all.

6. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

...So.... How are things now geek_riot?

7. geek_riot

geek_riot New Member

The blu-ray thing didn't help. So I called Sony and the tech walked me through what he said was reinstalling software. "Hold powerbutton for 10 sec, while holding putton, unplug power and keep holding for 10 sec, plug back in and hold for 10 sec, release then hit button again to get to recovery mode." Seemed to work so far.

8. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Good! I hope everything works out well for you.