Quantcast

Sony GTV remote not controlling cable channels

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by kspar, Nov 16, 2011.

1. kspar

kspar New Member

I've hooked up my coax cable to the TV from the cable box, and got it running through the automatic tuner thing. I get a clear signal when the TV's channel is set to channel 3 and nothing else. The keyboard remote controls the TV channels still though, not the cable channels. Is there a way to make it stay on channel 3, and switch my cable channels instead? Getting rid of the remote for my cable box would be sweet.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the way that Sony designed the configuration of their built-in tuner and the lack of customization for their remote control, this is currently impossible. You can try plugging the cable directly into the television and bypassing the cable box entirely but you will lose access to any encrypted channels. Otherwise, you'll need to exchange your current cable box with one that has HDMI output. This will empower you to configure it as an HDMI video source and be able to control it through the Sony NSG-MR1 remote.

3. kspar

kspar New Member

Ah, bummer. Was hoping that wasn't the case, but maybe my cable company won't charge too much for one of those. Thanks for the definitive reply, at least now I don't need to waste any more effort trying to get it to work!

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.