Quantcast

Sony GS7 (v3) new amazon & vudu apps – Your Experience

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by revue5, Mar 13, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. skull791

skull791 New Member

I recive update today. amazon app is there but no vudu. cant even find it in the app store. ​

• Like Like x 6
  3. LES017

LES017 New Member

So far the Amazon app IMO is a mixed bag. Certainly NOT being a browser window is nice as you you can navigate with joystick, and video playback seems good and smooth. There does not seem to be any way to skip fwd or back in a video but the FFW function goes up to 256x speed. Unfortunately while FFW only the progress bar moves while your normal video keeps playing, so you have no way to gauge where you are or where you want to stop...other than the time display.

So far I don't see how to sort the Watchlist. And I also don't see a great way to go to the next episode of a series, if you're coming back into the app, like on the old app/link you used to be able to hover your mouse over the series and it would allow you to resume from where you last were. In short, it seems to run and display fine, but navigation is not the best I've seen. Maybe more will be uncovered...

No experience with Vudu, but I'm glad we have it now. <EDIT> agree with Skull...Vudu show "incompatible with all my devices"

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 8
  4. skull791

skull791 New Member

Hey boys i did pull vudu app from my vizio and side loaded on to the sony gs7 last night. I'm using wireless and for some reason all my wireless equipment gets 25mb down and sony only do 10 to 15 not sure why. But that is beside the point. So app works and plays sd very good no problem. when I go to hd it just sits there and then tells me that there is not enough bandwidth. so i will wire it up directly with cable over the weekend and post results.

5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

+1 :)

6. googlethis

googlethis New Member

I think you should be patient as well. I am sure the Vudu app will be coming sooner or later to the Sony.

7. Bigdave240

Bigdave240 New Member

Got the update and tried the voice search via my Jawbone Icon headset. Works surprisingly well. Good enough that i would consider buying the new remote. The Amazon app is ok, better than the browser but not by all that much. Wife finds it easier to use so that is important. If

8. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of having to hold down the search button on the remote before I can talk in to the bluetooth device. It would have made a lot more sense and been a lot more intuitive if the buttons on the bluetooth headset triggered the search. The voice recog also had a lot of issues unless I held the mic of the headset up near my mouth. I have the new Sony remote on order, though, so I'm hopeful for the technology. I'm sure, Dave's Jawbone is much more advanced than the $15 Motorola headset I tried.

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone received the new Vudu native App update (with no Side Loading Required ;) ) and streamed a title in 5.1 DD+ (or 7.1DD+) surround sound?

You don't have to have a Vudu account to test this, btw.
    See this link (how to test Vudu app)

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  10. googlethis

googlethis New Member

Yes. Django preview plays in 1080P and 5.1 DD Plus with the Vudu app.