Quantcast

Sony GoogleTV 2.0 OTA Update Rolling Out Now!

Discussion in 'Google TV News' started by dgstorm, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

From reports in the forums, it looks like the Sony Internet TV version of Google TV is well on its way in receiving the Google TV 2.0 OTA update. It has been going steadily since yesterday, which means they were right on schedule. Sound off in the forums and share your thoughts on the new stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  2. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Member

no update for logitech review. I hope logitech drops google as this is poor service.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Thanks dgstorm. I too am looking forward to the reports from those being upgraded first. From what I heard so far, most people really like the
    new look and operation. Perhaps we can make this a positive / constructive kind of thread as opposed to a whine-fest.

4. o0adma0o

o0adma0o New Member

Hopefully the update for my NSZ-GT1 is ready when i get home. Im in TX and 930pm was the last time i checked and no update was avail.

I can foresee and unproductive afternoon if its there when i get home :D

5. JerryGPena

JerryGPena New Member

It's the Logitech Revue, and google clearly said that sony would get the update first, which they are still doing. We Revue owners still have the whole week to wait for the update.

6. Jmprnbr1

Jmprnbr1 New Member

I spoke with logitech this afternoon and as of now they don't even have the update on site. They said it would take 24 to 48 hrs after receiving to start pushing out. Were looking at another week most likely.

• Like Like x 2
  7. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

I'm Waiting Patiently . If Friday comes around and nothing, THE HORNS ARE COMING OUT.. :cool:

8. gtaguy

gtaguy New Member

So the big question i'm wondering is Why Sony gets first crack at the Update.. Someone know why this is ???

9. Danichristine

Danichristine New Member

I'm guessing because sony is a much larger company than logitech. it makes perfect sense to me, and I won't whine and cry, even though I have to wait for my two logitech boxes to get the update. It's coming, and that makes me happy. This is not "poor customer service" as the previous poster claimed. Poor customer service would be if they refused to give the update and instead forced us to buy new equipment. You know, like Pretty much the entire mobile phone industry.

Forgive my brevity (and typos)..sent from my totally rockin' Motorola Photon using Tapatalk!

• Like Like x 2
  10. o0adma0o

o0adma0o New Member

Probably cuz Sony has lots of Google TV devices.. Logitech.. 1?

11. animorphed

animorphed New Member

It always amazes me how much information can get twisted as it travels across the internet. I assume it's mostly people just commenting or providing their opinion and people sending it along as fact. So, for those of you who want actual information, here you go:

1. Why Sony devices first?
    A: Sony was the first to sign off on their update as complete. There is no conspiracy involved just first to finish first to release.

2. Ok, there where is my update?
    A: The update is going out slowly in a staged update so that any problems that may arise are identified before they become wide spread.

3. I got an email but I dont have my update!
    A: The email was sent out to anyone registered with a Google TV device to intro and inform about the new update. That is all.

4. Hopefully Logitech will drop Google for poor service (had to add this lol).
    A: No Google, no Google TV device. Also, when Google TV 1.0 was released you purchased it for that. The updates are freebies so be happy when you do get them.

5. Who will get the updates first?
    A: The staged deployment of the update has not been described in detail so there is only speculation as to what factors decide who and when.

6. Why Honeycomb when ICS is coming up?!
    A: Google TV 2.0 is NOT the same Honeycomb you have on your tablet. They used the name Honeycomb for the update originally to unify the updates under one name for the next generation tablet and tv version. Google has since dropped the "honeycomb" name from the update and refer to it as Google TV 2.0. You are not getting outdated software nor does Ice Cream Sandwich have anything to do with Google TV. Google TV is a custom version of the Android OS designed for the TV and not a mobile device such as tablets and phones.

Anything else that I come across I will attempt to address in this post at a later time.

• Like Like x 8
  12. b0Ne

b0Ne New Member

Thanks ... so wheres my update? JK

13. Maconsultant

Maconsultant Member

No update on the east coast yet..

14. jncarent

jncarent New Member

Not true. Google promised an App market to be released in the first Quarter of 2011. I purchased the product expecting that promised update as part of my purchase. It's not a "freebie", I payed for this update in the purchase of the product. Google didn't come through on time. Google TV 1.0 early adopters have a right to be upset.

But better late than never.

• Like Like x 2
  15. superdave

superdave New Member

Thank you. Finally a dose of common sense. :)

16. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

I'm thinking Google will " BETA " Sony tv first, then us Revue people will have the newer version, with any bugs out from the Sony push, they will fix for us... [​IMG]

Just Kidding..... [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. animorphed

animorphed New Member

Perhaps you have some information I was not given however from the information I do have access to the Android Market was only slated as an expected feature "some time next year". This was never given an exact time frame until Google I/O in 2011 when the combined announcement of what was then referred to as the Honeycomb update and Android Market would be seen in summer of 2011. The update "promise" to actual delivery was only around 2 months delayed. Anyone who purchases a device based on what you expect in the future should simply wait until that time the feature is available. Those who purchase before those updates or expected features are still purchasing the products as-is. If not having a feature you want is upsetting I would advise people in the future to make no purchase until the expected feature is available. I would agree tho with your last statement "better late than never"

18. Trini718

Trini718 Member

In NY no update yet :(

19. Jedigenii

Jedigenii New Member

No update down here in SC.. Had this google tv since they came out pretty much.... still waiting grr ! Hurry Up Google! It takes allot for a former Apple Employee to admin he likes the google tv better than the apple tv, but bring those apps!

20. jncarent

jncarent New Member

You're just so wrong. Using the Way Back Machine on Archive.org I get quote:
    This quote is from the official Google TV website on October 2, 2010. I can quote more broken promises from Google regarding the Google TV as well if you would like.