Quantcast

Sony Google TV

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ubuntu, May 21, 2011.

1. ubuntu

ubuntu New Member

I bought Sony's Google TV about a month ago and only today Got HD and HDMI cable. I had not originally set up the channels on Google TV, so my question is: How do I do this. I can watch television channels but no through Google TV, meaning Google can't search what's going on the air.

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Hey ubuntu, go to Settings>Video input>Configured devices>here you should see your cable box, if not another way is to do a Factory data reset. This will allow you to setup your cable box.

Post back so I know whats up :)

3. ubuntu

ubuntu New Member

In Video, Input, I do see Cable and HDMI1. But there are two things why I think the television signal is still not synced in properly. One, when I start start the television, I get no signals and then I have to go to Input (in the Sony remote control) and select "Cable" each time. And two, when I search for programs, it does not search what is being played currently on television, only old ones for which I need to pay $$ to watch.

Thanks.

4. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Okay do a Factory reset, Settings>About>Factory data reset. I have performed this 4 times now and always had a good response. You are going to loose your bookmarks but not your Queue. The Queue's should be synced to your Gmail account. You can find out by going into Settings>Accounts & sync>Manage accounts, click on your account and makesure the (Sync Queue) box is checked.

5. ubuntu

ubuntu New Member

I will rest and let you know. You have rest 4 times in how many months? That seems like a lot.

6. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

I got my 40" Sony Google November, and didn't have a HD Comcast box. Then a week later I got a HD box and was having the same problem you are having, so I did a Reset. Shortly after that I started having problem's with the controller so I Reset, each time the problem I was having was solved. I now believe it can help to do a Reset after a major Update, to get some of the bugs out. So I Reset after the major Update to change the Netflix UI, PIP expanding and some other fixes. Then I Reset after the last update to try to fix the Shock-wave crashing but that didn't work, the Reset doesn't work for some major problems.

Hope everything works out :)

7. ubuntu

ubuntu New Member

I think the reason why I was having this problem is because the IR blaster was not connected. Google can't search for programs if the controller can't control the box.

8. jaytee1o4

jaytee1o4 New Member

Hmmm whats next with this thing