Quantcast

Sony google TV with onlive gaming service?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by bkeny01, Aug 13, 2011.

1. bkeny01

bkeny01 New Member

This is a real long shot, as its not the gaming systems that have a problem but the TV with its HDMI lag, but has anyone tried the Onlive set top box with this range of TV? I just managed to get the 46" one from Bestbuy for $600 (woohoo) and love the TV apart from the fact i cant hook a game console to it (haha like thats going to get fixed) but just wondered if this one might work, never hurts to ask. Did a search couldn't find a thing :(

Thanks!

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    Man I just love Onlive, from what I heard they are working to get Onlive on Honeycomb 3.X. So Its more then likely we will see an App is the coming months for GTV. They demoed this for the Android tablets a few months ago, and had a wireless controller that just worked with the tablet. I don't own a Onlive Micro console so don't know about any lag, but I am sure Google is doing all they can to fix the lag.

3. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Interesting if they bring OnLive to GTV. Got a link or source for that? It makes sense. But sony may not like this as it would compete against PS3.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There's not much Sony can do to prevent OnLive coming to the Android Market. Let's hope that it will also be available for Google TV when the Android Market is available. Here's a video from Steve Perlman, CEO of OnLive, demonstrating the service on both an Android and iOS tablet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  5. alexg213

alexg213 New Member

When I sent an email to the community manager (Matt Jensen), he said something like "We're working on a lot of things! Thanks for the email!". When I replied asking for a direct yes or no, he replied "No comment on Google TV".

Onlive in general is very cryptic about a lot of things. I really think its because they don't want the competition to know what they are doing and they want to make sure they come out with bombshells out of nowhere. Imagine if one day you update your Google TV and all the sudden have an instant gaming service! This will definitely send buzz all over the internet.

Right now they have a deal with Vizio specifically for their upcoming Via Plus TVs (Google TV powered I believe) and even Blu Ray Players. In order to play, you'd have to buy the Onlive Universal controller or maybe even plug in a wired Xbox 360 controller (it works with their microconsole).

Overall, my Xbox is now collecting dust because Onlive gives you the freedom to game on your PC, MAC, TV (microconsole) and soon smart TVs, Ipad, Android Tablets, and Blu Ray Players.

It's going to be the Netflix of gaming. I truly believe that.