Quantcast

Sony Google TV with FIOS DVR

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Esotarious, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Esotarious

Esotarious New Member

Okay, I've been working on this for two days and it's time for me to throw in the towel. I have my Sony Google TV mounted to the wall and my Blu-Ray player and my FIOS DVR in my closet. I'm using the IR Blaster to control the cable box and everything works fine with the exception of the DVR functions. No record, pause, FF etc.

Anyone have any ideas on that? Everything else works perfectly with it.

Thanks in advance!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Which device did you setup as the set-top box with Sony Internet TV? Exactly which model of the FIOS DVR did you get? And have you gone into the Edited Configured Devices to try some of the other listed compatible IR Blaster Codes?

3. cordova5252

cordova5252 New Member

try; press and hold the FN key on remote before pressing the record button on remote or shift key

4. Esotarious

Esotarious New Member

Sorry for the delayed response. It's been hectic at work lately...

The TV is the NSX-46GT1 and the STB is a Motorola 7216.

I had tried to go into the IR Blaster setup, but I didn't see any options that seemed plausible. Also, I was kind of under the impression that it was an all or nothing sort of setup in terms of if 90% of the functionality worked it would all work. I tried holding the function key and then recording functions with no success. Then, I did the same for Shift as well.

Maybe there is a menu I'm missing. That's my single biggest gripe about Google TV so far. The UI is one of the most convoluted that I've ever seen and it's hard to navigate.