Quantcast

Sony Google TV - Recall Button Where?!?!

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Stewbie2002, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Stewbie2002

Stewbie2002 New Member

There is no channel recall button (fast switching between 2 channels) on the remote. There is a recall option buried in some menus but it is not convenient/quick. I realize I could use the back button on the controller but that isn't really the same thing... It functions like hitting the back button in a web browser.

• Like Like x 2
  2. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

TAB functions as a channel recall button. Apologies that this is not exactly obvious... :)

Daniel

• Like Like x 8
  3. pcandroid

pcandroid New Member

Awesome, I was looking for that.

4. Stewbie2002

Stewbie2002 New Member

Wow, I'm surprised I didn't think of this but also surprised it isn't better documented (if at all).

5. deltsig77

deltsig77 New Member

Very happy to find this out!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYY!

6. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I did find tab as recall, I think it was somewhere in the documentation. The issue I have is I can't find a back button for the DVR. So If I go into the wrong episode I have to exit the dvr then navigate back to the show...since I can't find a back button.

7. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Daniel, is there a Google Document that can be released with all the keyboard/controller keystroke/shortcuts available for posting on the forum?

8. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Hi Jim,

I'm working on such a document as we speak. I'll post to the forum when it goes live.

Thanks,
    Daniel

9. JimMariner

JimMariner Member

Once you have it completed we can post it in the FAQs section in the with the HOW To's, I can sticky it once you post it up so it stays on top of that section. I am sure it will be a very useful document. Thank You for your Help Daniel !

10. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

It's funny you guys bring that up.
    I was looking online trying to find something similar to that myself as well...

11. qw545

qw545 Member

It occurred to me that since I have plugged in my wireless mouse into one of the Sony USB inputs that I might be able to plug in my wireless keyboard. I pulled the USB receiver for my wireless HP computer keyboard from my computer and plugged it into another one of the Sony USB inputs and it works fine. So far I have found the following: Windows Key = Search, enter = enter, F1 =TV button, F2 =Home , F3 = back, F4 = list button (menu bar), F5 = Info, F6 = Dual View, F7 = tv guide, F8 = recorded page on DVR, Home = increase text size, and End = decrease text size. The first item in this list is the computer keyboard key and the second is the corresponding key on the Sony remote. I'm not absolutely sure that I'm correct, but I'm pretty sure. The computer keyboard I'm using is for an HP Media Center computer so it also has volume keys which work the Sony volume up, down, and mute. Whether this map only works on an HP model is something that I don't know. I have heard from some people that they don't like the Sony keyboard/remote and like the Logitech Revue keyboard better. For those people, using a full-sized wireless computer keyboard might be what they're looking for. By the way, I've typed this post using my computer keyboard. The references to some functions like the recorded programs for a DVR and the TV guide function work with my Uverse system set-top box. The TV guide function also works when I use the built in tuner which I have connected to an antenna.

12. jcalifornia

jcalifornia New Member

Tab button does not work as a recall button for me. I have the Sony Blu-Ray add on box with Comcast cable. When I hit the tab button it takes me to channel 900 which is the music channels.

13. Spencaswimmer87

Spencaswimmer87 New Member

Same thing with me i got Sony 46inch TV when i do the recall it sends me to channel 906 every time. anyone got a fix?

14. harley man

harley man New Member

the tab works as a recall for the tv on my revue

15. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

Resurrecting this old thread-- if anyone is still experiencing this problem, please post back or PM me with your set top box model and the code you used to pair your remote with your box. This information will help us diagnose the issue.

Thanks much,
    Daniel