Quantcast

Sony Google TV media player.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by trudinh, Jun 14, 2011.

1. trudinh

trudinh New Member

OK so I'm streaming some movie off my computer on to google tv media player. The movie are about 2-4gb 720p. The movie doesn't run really smoothly it kinda stop and play once every 1 min. Sometime the media player on google tv even stop responding. I'm streaming the movie through local host, so i guess it shouldn't be the internet problem. The fact that the media player freeze up and stop responding make me guess that it cant really handle it. If anyone have any other solution to this problem plz help.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

You either need to use a program that will transcode the movie on the fly so you get a smoother video playback, or see about putting the movie on a small thumb drive and if there is a usb port on your device play the movie directly from the thumb drive. I believe Playon.tv or other type software that transcodes on the fly using your computer should work using the my media function in it a long with vlc.

In the past I have been able to stream my digital tv recordings that are about 6 gb per hour to a device wirelessly with the software on a 5 meg wireless connection. You should test it out to see if it meets your needs before registering it as I think they let you trial test it for a week.

3. trudinh

trudinh New Member

Ok can u explain how would vlc player would help?
    I mean all i do was right click on a folder with the movie on my pc and click share with home group. and watch it though my sony google tv blue ray player with the media player apps.

so how would vlc or any other trancodes on the fly would help?

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Vlc is needed with playon.tv when you use the my media part of playon.tv is what I was saying. Playon uses it as a helper program to do the stuff that needs to be done. I was not suggesting that you could use vlc by itself to solve your problem.