Quantcast

Sony Google Tv Media player(steaming problem)

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by trudinh, Sep 1, 2011.

1. trudinh

trudinh New Member

Hi I bought the sony google tv blu ray player for about almost 2 years. And during the first year it was amazing and now it starting to have problem.

My favorite feature of the google tv blu ray player is..
    -media player
    -blu ray
    -browser

Ok, so i LOVE the media player feature, I love to download movie in HD and watching it(but u know watching it on a computer isnt as great as on a 64' tv with suround sound system.

After the first year, problem start to show, if u can help me with any of these problem plz do so.

Problem 1-

For some retarded reason i dont even know, my google tv media player wont detect or play MKV file anymore.(it use to, and run pretty good.) And now it dont even show up.

problem 2-

When i enter the media player Apps it say no device is found(WTF) my computer is on 24/7. I try everything but it wont fix it. Good news is that it only happen half the time, so half the time it detect my device and half the time it dont.

Problem 3-

Some mp4 and Avi file dont even show up(WDF), well i think they do but it all mess up like for EX(I download 2 new movie and put it up for sharing so my google tv can play them but it wont show up and instead it double a movie that is already there. like i downloaded Rio but it wont show up and instead i see (2) Iron man 2, so im guess the other Iron man 2 was suppose to be Rio but it got mess up i think.

If any of you guy out there can help me with any of these problem i would be so happy..

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's very odd, since the Google TV has barely been available for almost one year.

If you have all of your movie files clumped into one folder, then it is possible that the Media Player is trying to determine whether or not it can play a particular file and is choking on it. Also, .MKVs are file containers, it is more important that the video and audio streams within them were encoded with a compatible codec.

That's always the first response. It starts at without assuming that there's a DNLA server available, then broadcasts a request for presence. If your computer doesn't respond in time then the Media Player won't recognize its existence. This is just how the DNLA protocol works.

The .MP4 and .AVI are file containers, it is more important that the video and audio streams within them were encoded with a compatible codec. If you're having problem with a particular file, then I would recommend using Format Factory to convert those files so that they all use the MP4 file container / H.264 video stream / AAC audio stream.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  3. trudinh

trudinh New Member

First off i say almost 2 year.
    second how can a mkv file show up on one day and gone in another..(it the same file)
    third how many time i click update it still wont show.
    fourth i meant the file is all mess up.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The Sony Internet TV & Blu-Ray (NSZ-GT1) was released 11 months 22 days from today on October 24th, 2010. That's barely one year, let alone two. So, you couldn't have bought it more than a year ago by any means.

I suspect that if that's the case then the problem is somewhere on either your network or on the PC.