Quantcast

Sony Google tv instant reboot issue

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Tartarus, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

Hello, i am having trouble with my 32 inch Sony GTV, if i leave the tv off for about an hour, then turn it on, it will turn on then about half a second later, it reboots and i have to wait for it to turn on, this only started happening a few days ago, and i tried different outlets, there seems to be no difference between using the remote or the button on the tv, the only thing i can think of is i just bought a cheap dynex blu ray player and have it set to be controlled from hdmi, i have the player unplugged from the tv now, and it started happening about a day after i started using it. any help on this issue would be awesome.

Thanks!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try disabling the HDMI-CEC on the DVD player, its probably duplicating the signaling to power toggle once it powers up.

3. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

I am returning the dynex player and spending $20 more to get a Sony that is bravialink capable, if I'm not mistaken bravialink is fully supported on the Sony google tv?

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It is supported but I'm not sure if I would use the word "fully" as it varies for each device implementation.