Quantcast

Sony Giving Away Free Headphones And Movies With NSZ-GS7 Google TV Box

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Sep 14, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Sony giving away free headphones and movies with NSZ-GS7 Google TV box (click for full article)

posted on Sep 13th 2012 at 6:21pm by Quentyn Kennemer

"It looks like Sony needs to move some units of its $199.99 Google TV set-top box, and they're looking to do so by providing some free accessories and content with your purchase. For starters, you'll get a decent pair of headphones for which to listen to all the music you can handle. These won't be the best pair of cans on the market, but hey - it's free."

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. CatfishRivers

3. chopper

chopper Active Member

Yip, and since my Revue still works great I can wait for even further price drops.

4. tommycat

tommycat New Member

:rolleyes:

*Revue sucks compared to the Sony box. I have both

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  5. chopper

chopper Active Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. CatfishRivers

7. tommycat

tommycat New Member

8. chopper

chopper Active Member

I have tested it out on a poor internet connection at a big box store. The remote is cool and the pinch to zoom as well. They are billing it as compatible with other Sony tablets/smart phones as a fling a video to another device thing which is also neat but that would require me to drop $200 per device to use. Still I am looking for more in my next GTV device. Does this thing let you search for content with your voice and does it actually work?

9. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Voice control comes with the NSZ-GP9, not the NSZ-GS7 and I don't recall seeing any demonstration of it. If the second generation doesn't pick up steam quickly, there won't be a third generation.

10. tommycat

tommycat New Member

Voice works with the android APP on your phone

11. tommycat

tommycat New Member

If you like what you have that is all that matters. I am not trying trash anyone. I bought the Sony gs7 from best buy, to try it out.
    I thought if it sucks i would return it. I found the Sony gs7 to be much faster and stable , so I decided to keep it

12. ChrisG8

Not on my phone it doesn't but with the upcoming Sony NSZ-GP9 voice control will be possible with the supplied remote but I have no idea how well it will work or how it will compare to a smart phone app.

I have seen other comparisons between the Revue and NSZ-GS7 which agree with yours, faster and more stable which of course is good news. I am a proficient first gen Google TV user and can live with those boxes regarding speed and stability, but a better processor might eventually be needed with new applications and features. Even my Sony NSZ-GT1 is slightly better than the Revue as things stand now but not so much that it matters a great deal.

13. tommycat

tommycat New Member

I have a droid bonic android phone,installed Google tv app . I have the sony gs7. I can do voice commands to Google TV. I retested today

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChrisG8

It does sound like a nice application but without having a phone that can run it, not really able to get a feel for how cool it is.

15. tommycat

tommycat New Member

I rarely use the phone to control Google tv anyway

16. chopper

chopper Active Member

Please do a video and post it on You Tube and share a link on this thread with you using voice control?

17. halox

halox New Member

Still enjoy the Revue, but have replaced with GS7. If your Revue still works, I would wait until a major GTV update to upgrade. I really enjoy the Sony box and don't regret my decision to upgrade at all. I really just stepped it up because I wanted a faster experience with GTV, with less memory issues, and that's exactly what I received. The Revue is still a great box, though I don't have it plugged in any more and have stolen its keyboard and minikeyboard for use with my Sony.

18. callanish

callanish Member

Just wondering, I'm assuming you purchased a unifying receiver for to get the Revue keyboard to work with the Sony, how is the overall experience? Does it work consistently or are you experiencing any issues. Also, holding in the star key brought up the bookmarks on the revue. Does it have any function with the Sony because the Sony remote needs that extra step to access the bookmarks.

Thanks for any input.

19. futureboy

futureboy New Member

You should be able to use a Bluetooth Keyboard or mouse without a unifying receiver.

You will just need to set it up using the "Network" setting and pair the Bluetooth device.

20. callanish

callanish Member

Thanks for that. I don't know if the keyboard that came with the Revue is Bluetooth enabled. Just read through the Sony tips under the keyboard section

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/sonys-nsz-gs7/5743-sony-stb-tips.html#stip13a

that I need a unifying USB device to use with the Revue keyboard. Since I had a spare keyboard lying around when I replaced the Sony with the Revue, I thought I would look into it and find out if anyone has experienced any remote issues after the pairing. Gotten so used to the big keyboard that I wanted to have both remote options with controlling The Google TV hardware.