Quantcast

Sony Fixes Audio Issue/Problem?

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by popeye123, Nov 22, 2011.

1. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

Read somewhere that there were sound issues with Google TV either Revue or Sony. I have a Denon 5.1 sound system.
    Curious if the issue was getting 5.1 sound from the Revue or Sony GTV's.
    If so-has it been fixed with either Logitech or Sony? If not what was the sound issue?
    Assistance appreciated, thanks.

Question for me if 5.1 sound is an issue and Sony is the only one that fixed it-maybe I should replace Revue with Sony to get the best sound with Denon????

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. J.Edwards

J.Edwards New Member

hi im brand new to the site and just purchaed my google tv box yesterday was watching videos online and then the sound just stopped working if anyone can help please hit me back or reply!!! thanks

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is the volume muted? The mute button is on the controller represented by a speaker with an "x" on it.

5. kdickson

kdickson New Member

I bought mine on Sunday. The setup was easy and things worked flawlessly at first. I came back to it in the evening where the first thing I did was to install two apps. When I tried to watch some video there was no audio at all ... from the app or youtube or the cable tv source. I checked the mute button ... not that. I also went through severl system setting without success. I switched back to the cable box only setup and the sound was working fine. Swapped the HDMI cables back to GTV setup and still no sound. Back to cable box only setup overnight while i slept.

The next day I found some a post indicating that the app installation may have been the source of the problem and that I should peform a soft-reboot the GTV (ctrl-alt-delete). I was prepared to try this upon getting home last night. I changed the setup back to use GTV and, what's this, I have sound again. No reboot performed. Perhaps having the unit in sleep mode for more than 12 hours had the same result of a soft-reboot, who knows? Sound works fine for cable tv, youtube, dvd, blu-ray and webcontent. It even switched over the sound source as expected in PiP mode.

6. mbi

mbi New Member

I have had Sony Google TV for 2 months and on 3 occasions so far, the audio was gone. No sound at all. No mute on.
    I have unplugged the cable box the first two times for about 30 minutes and when I turn it back on after that, it works.
    The third time just happened, so i have the cable box unplugged right now and hope it works again.