Quantcast

Sony cant control Set top and AVR

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by banditelvis721, Jan 20, 2012.

1. banditelvis721

banditelvis721 New Member

All of a sudden i turn on my sony google tv box and it does not control the AVR or set top box anymore Anyone have any ideas??
    thanks
    perry

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

check to see if someone dusted your set top box and moved the ir blasters out of alignment with your set top box as well as check to make sure the ir blasters are plugged in to the google tv if need be. check your remote batteries as well.

If all else fails you can remove the old settings and try resetting them up again from scratch.

3. Evey

Evey New Member

I just registered here to ask the same question. Suddenly when I turn on the TV and click live tv the only thing i can see is the the TV screensaver. If i unplug the cable box and plug back in it works but I dont have the patience to do that every day. Cable company said they see no errors on there end and to ask GTV.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

What happens when you press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] to reboot it instead of unplugging it? Does the picture come back? Might want to check if someone has been messing around with your cables. Or if your cable company recently pushed a firmware update for your cable box. As the lost of picture is indicative of the HDCP handshake being lost and the set-top box refraining from projecting a picture.

5. Evey

Evey New Member

control alt delete resets sony and when i go into live tv i can here but still has the TV screen saver

6. banditelvis721

Mine has nothing to do with ctrl alt del tried that tried unplugging it, nothing worked, i will try and replace batteries hopefully thats it bujt dont think something is weird for sure
    thanks

7. Evey

Evey New Member

It seems to be working now as long as I turn the cable box on first and then the Sony player and then the avr. Any other way and it either has no sound or no picture.. I didn't have to do that before. I used to only turn off/on the TV and everything always stayed on.

8. banditelvis721

My ir blaster still not working, called sony they are replacing my ir blaster we will see hopefully thats it, because otherwise no issues with the system

9. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Can anyone recommend a dual head ir blaster to buy? One came with my Sony GTV, but I see where there is another port and I want to use that up.