Quantcast

Sony Box and TiVo Premiere

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by rmmckinney96, Mar 23, 2013.

1. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

My Google TV (Sony NSZ-GS7) will not tune my TiVo Premiere (TCD746500) from the PrimeTime app, Quick Guide, or Search. The remote works, the TiVo works, and the Google TV works....so what is WRONG with PrimeTime? I don't know what to do, I must have spent DAYS researching this issue on these forums, I must have spent nearly FOUR hours with "support" from Sony. I just don't know what to do anymore about this, it can't be the TiVo because it accepts the IR codes from the remote of the Google TV (using the channel buttons on the side of the remote), it cant be the Google TV because it can send the right codes to the TiVo in the Test Mode (under IR Blaster Advanced Settings). So the only thing it can be is this damn PrimeTime app! Also I have already tried the workaround by lanpowers:
    Please Help Guys!:(

2. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

First Transcript from Sony eSupport

6:14 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Paul.
    6:14 PM
    Customer:
    Hello Paul, my name is Ryan
    6:15 PM
    Customer:
    I calling today about an issue with my Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet TV Box
    6:15 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Alright.
    6:18 PM
    Customer:
    Currently I am using a TiVo Premiere (TCD746500) as my cable box. In the test menu (under the IR Blaster Advanced Settings) the Sony can change the channel on the TiVo but in the Primetime app selecting a show does not change the channel...however the channel buttons do work on the side of the remote.
    6:20 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    I understand that the you are unable to select Live TV or PrimeTime application in the Internet Streaming Player. Is that correct|?
    6:21 PM
    Customer
    Well I can open the apps themselves but selecting a show to watch does not change the channel on the TiVo like it does in the test menu.
    6:21 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Okay, I'll be glad to assist you with this concern.
    6:22 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Based on the initial information I understand that you are located in the USA. Is that correct?
    6:22 PM Customer
    Yes I am in the United States
    6:23 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Alright.
    6:26 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Allow me a moment while I search the information for you.
    6:26 PM
    Customer:
    Alright
    6:30 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Please continue to wait as I'm searching for the information.
    6:30 PM
    Customer:
    Okay
    6:35 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    This is taking a bit longer than expected, may I ask you to allow me some additional time?
    6:36 PM
    Customer:
    Sure, please take your time.
    6:40 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Thanks for waiting.
    6:42 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    I have checked for the information and there is no exact information published about changing channels using Internet Streaming Player remote for Prime time.
    6:42 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    So, I suggest that you contact our telephone support team regarding this.
    6:46 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    You may contact them at : 1-239-768-7607.
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Monday - Friday
    Paul - (C4XP):
    8:00 AM to 12:00 AM (Midnight) ET
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Saturday - Sunday
    Paul - (C4XP):
    9:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
    Customer:
    Thanks You Paul.
    6:47 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    You are welcome.
    6:47 PM
    Paul - (C4XP):
    Good Bye and thank you for contacting Sony Online Support.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

Second Transcript from Sony eSupport

Felicia - (C55P):
    Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Felicia.
    11:07 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    I see your problem description is not clear. May I ask you to describe the concern briefly?
    11:10 PM
    Customer:
    Hello Felicia my name is Ryan, I have two issues I would like to resolve today. The first is I was trying to get my TiVo Premiere to work with my Sony NSZ-GS7, The Remote can change the channels and in the Test Mode, the box can change the channels but the PrimeTime app can not change channels. The second issue is that I would like to file a complaint about the Sony Telephone Support.
    11:13 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    I understand that you have already contacted our chat support team, I'm reviewing your previous chat.
    11:15 PM
    Customer:
    Alright
    11:15 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Thanks for your presence.
    11:19 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    I have reviewed your chat transcript and you were referred to our Telephone support team.
    11:19 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Let me know if you have contacted our Telephone support team.
    11:22 PM
    Customer:
    Yes I did contact the Telephone Support Team, the representative I was speaking to lied to me saying, "PrimeTime will only work with Dish Network" but I know that is not true because that feature worked just fine on my Comcast DVR. Also the PrimeTime app seems to be the only function that is not working with the TiVo that is connected to my Google TV.
    11:24 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Let me know the Event ID.
    11:26 PM
    Customer:
    I'm sorry I don't know what the Event ID is.
    11:26 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Okay.
    11:27 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    I have reviewed the communication you had with our telephone support team and they informed you prime time is compatible with advanced integration trough dish network not for tivo.
    11:36 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    We are technical chat support and we don't have a option to file a complain on the customers behalf.
    11:39 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    It appears we may have been disconnected. Please respond so that I can confirm our connection.
    11:40 PM
    Customer:
    Okay, I realize they said that PrimeTime is compatible with advanced integration through Dish Network, but it worked perfectly fine with my Comcast DVR. To be clear I have never had Dish in my life. Is there any way I can contact Google directly, because there is no reason this shouldn't work I have been on the Google TV Forums and many people have gotten this setup with the TiVo to work.
    11:42 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    The number provided by our previous chat was the correct referral to address the issue.
    11:44 PM
    Customer:
    Alright Then is there any reason the TiVo would work in all other areas and my old cable box from Comcast worked fine?
    11:45 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    I'm sorry we don't have information regarding this issue.
    11:47 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    If you wish to file a complain you can contact our customer relations team.
    11:48 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Shall I provide their Contact Information.
    11:48 PM
    Customer:
    Felicia I appreciate your assistance but this issue is not resolved, could you give me any information on who I need to contact? Is there a Sony office I could speak to regarding my issue (other than the support number I already have)? And could I have the number for the Customer Relations Team?
    11:49 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    You can contact our customer relations team regarding this issue.
    Felicia - (C55P):
    You can contact them at : 1-239-768-7547.
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Working Hours:
    Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm ET
    Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am - 8:00pm ET.
    11:50 PM
    Customer:
    Okay Thank You and to be clear, there is no priority customer support line or something?
    11:50 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    Unfortunately, no.
    11:51 PM
    Felicia - (C55P):
    The number which I have provided you is our priority number.
    11:53 PM
    Customer:
    Alright well Thank You for your help Felicia, have a great day

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I would suggest contacting the PrimeTime app developer support. Before doing that, I would also suggest installing the free app, Buddy TV, if it can change your channel using your NSZ-GS7 and If you have confirmed through setup and testing that the NSZ-GS7 is communicating properly with your TiVo Premiere, it appears like to me this is an issue with the app, not the box.

5. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

I will try the BuddyTV Guide Today, however in the mean time how can I contact Google about their PrimeTime app?

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I suggest reporting this on the GoogleTV-Issues web site. It's a site to report and track developer issues. Here's the link:

googletv-issues - Google TV Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also it would be a good idea to post about this issue in the Google+ GTV Community (report a bug section). Here's the link:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communi...9/stream/a96d347e-726f-428b-89b1-98a8f48bea35

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

Thanks revue5 but as mentioned in my post I already have tried that workaround with limited success, for example I am able to use the TiVo for DVR and other general navigation with the remote, but the TV and Movies app (PrimeTime) does not send any codes to the TiVo to change the channel. Instead the PrimeTime app crashes to the homescreen (no popup) or the most recent app like Netflix for example. I will upload a video to YouTube for a demonstration.

9. KLINK

KLINK New Member

I have the Sony NSZ-GT1 box and a Tivo Elite and have no problems with the PrimeTime app tuning to the right channel. Quick Guide and Search also work. It also worked on my TivoHD before my upgrade to the Elite.

10. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

Thanks CatfishRivers I posted my issue on both the Google Project Hosting site, and the Google Plus site

11. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

KLINK do you have any tips on what I could be doing wrong here, does it matter that the Premiere is a Series 4 DVR?

12. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  13. KLINK

KLINK New Member

No, it does not matter. The Elite is a 4 tuner cable only box(no OTA or Sat.). I looked up the specs. on your box and it is a 2 tuner cable and OTA box(No Sat.).

After seeing your Video, I think that you need to do the setup again. Do not use DirecTv. Use your Cable provider in your setup.

14. rmmckinney96

rmmckinney96 New Member

Alright sounds good. I'll be sure to try out your suggestion tomorrow afternoon and I will post my results. Thank You KLINK!

15. ntrantham

ntrantham New Member

I have the exact same issue. I have tried several different ways of setting up the IR blaster. Please post back here if you find the solution.

16. ntrantham

ntrantham New Member

Looks like rmckinney posted his issue in the GoogleTV product forums and there is an update posted there on 5/20. The update says Sony has resolved the issue and will release an OTA update in June.

Google Groups

• Like Like x 2