Quantcast

Sony bluray with google tv not playing network videos

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by jrpeau, Nov 22, 2010.

1. jrpeau

jrpeau New Member

Hi to all,
    I guess I am spoiled I used to have an old pentium 4 hooked up to my tv ,then purchased the sony bluray with google tv to replace it. I never thought it would not be able to play the major network video content,,,I'm pissed ,,, sony tells you this is the do all end all for tv and internet but it won't even do the simple things like playing back past episodes of favorite shows. never had a problem with the old P4. I sure hope they can patch this device to play network video .
    Anyone else experiencing this problem

2. srk0629

srk0629 New Member

I have the same issue with my videos (in .MOV format). Converted a couple of files to .mp4 with the same result. Anyone have any bright ideas? Thanks.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Honestly for a couple hundred more you could get a Mac Mini that will play everything....you could even install Win7 on it if you want!

4. jrpeau

jrpeau New Member

well I just got $110 back on black friday on my sony bluray with gtv.So I guess I will keep it and hope that the networks will come to thier senses. Meanwhile Laurens blog shows a unique work around using play on software 14 day trial I may try this. Seems like you can stream from another computer on your home network to GTV with this software
    Lauren Weinstein's Blog
    How long before the netqworks block all content from every computer is anyones guess they are all running scared of Google percieved threat to their revenue
    As far as a mini mac , I think I might just hook up the old P4 till this is resolved