Quantcast

Sony BluRay GTV

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by gmurphy, Oct 16, 2012.

1. gmurphy

gmurphy New Member

Hey guys,

I have the sony GT1 bluray google tv. Does anyone know if the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 will work? I need a want keyboard with built in trac pad. any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

The K 400 supports:

Windows 7
    Windows XP
    Windows Vista

In the Logitech forum there have been reports that the keyboard will work on some Smart TVs but the results sound hit or miss. Yer best bet would be to ask Sony support which USB keyboards are compatible.

Carl

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

IMO you would be better off pairing a Logitech Revue keyboard to your Sony bluray. The K4000 is not designed specifically for GTV - and as such it won't have the dedicated GTV command keys.

It's been reported that the Revue keyboard works pretty good with the Sony GTV devices - as far as I know some of the dedicated GTV command keys from the Logitech Revue keyboard will function with the Sony GTV devices. There was an excellent thread with a tutorial from "Eferz" (where is he by the way?). Here's the link:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ech-revue-keyboard-sony-google-tv-device.html

The Logitech Revue keyboard is currently offered on Amazon for $31. You will need a unifying receiver to pair it to your Sony GTV. The Logitech Revue K700 keyboard sold on Amazon comes with the unifying receiver included. If you want to use the same keyboard that came in the box with the Logitech Revue - then you will need to obtain a unifying receiver. Logitech sells the unifying receiver (I believe it's about $10) - or you can get one if you buy a Logitech mouse. They are also offered on Ebay.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I use the Logitech Revue K700 keyboard with the Sony NSZ-GT1. I think any of the Logitech unifying receiver keyboards and mice will work to some extent with the first generation Google TV boxes but I wouldn't bother with anything other than the K700. I have the Logitech K350 and use it with a PC but I don't recall the K400 layout, whether it is closer to the K700 or K350. I also use the Logitech K700 with a laptop used for PlayOn/PlayLater and it works really well.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have purchased two Logitech Revue K700 keyboards and both came with the unifying receiver, so make sure it is included before purchase.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying this Chris.

In other words if someone has already purchased a Logitech Revue and wishes to pair THAT keyboard with a Sony GTV than you will need to obtain a Logitech unifying receiver.

The Logitech Revue (optional) K700 keyboard (available on Amazon) comes with a unifying receiver included.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Keyboard-Controller-Revue-Google/dp/B0040QE998/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_2

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012