Quantcast

Sony BluRay/Google TV DLNA search...PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Google TV Feature Wish Lists' started by srramalot, Dec 27, 2010.

1. srramalot

srramalot New Member

I was very disappointed to find that the Sony box does not let you search your DLNA content. I have 500+ GBs of music, movies, and podcasts all organized really nicely, but manually flipping through everything takes SO LONG. I know the Logictech box lets you search your DLNA content, so I know it's possible, it just needs to be added to the Sony box. Being able to stream all my media is really nice, but it's close to useless if I need to find it manually. This would be the only feature I need, everything else would be a nice added bonus, but this feature I need ASAP.

2. CircusDad

CircusDad New Member

I have a few more things I put in the "need" category but this is way up there on the list. Please Please Please add search for my DLNA content. I wonder if this is something that Sony is responsible for or if this is a Google TV thing. Either way, it seems like a must have for a product with a search giants name associated with it.

3. Xious

Xious New Member

I would like to see search, but I would also like to see some kind of cataloging of my DLNA server. I can't believe that Google, the search giant, cannot keep a database of the content on a DLNA server and just update it in the background. I also can't believe that it doesn't search title names and apply some sort of cover image. Hopefully when the market is released some third party developers are able to make some nice apps.

4. Evandro Munhoz

Evandro Munhoz New Member

I am very disapointed with my Sony Google TV. I can't find my videos on DLNA. I am to a point where I am really thinking that I've bought a LEMON! I cannot even watch my collection of videos in it. Buyers beware!

5. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

DLNA works like a charm using windows media player win7. for this you have to install the DIVX codec pack in your computer which is integrated into the windows media player. then you have to organize your media files in the default music/video/pictures folders in C: i can play all 720 HD mkvs with ease. hope this helps.