Quantcast

Sony Blu Ray + OTA/Broadcast

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Eddog4DROID, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID New Member

I ran to buy this thing last night. REALLY nice let me tell you. However, not sure I should have listened to th Best Buy salesmen. They said I can do Picture in Picture between Web/OTA broadcast.

When I go to setup my video input, it has that as an option and sees all the DTV channels.. I just can't get it to work. I am thinking that it is not designed for this.

If not.. $400 seems a little steep for my situation...

Anyhow... has anyone successfully used this in this type of a situation yet???

2. Karen

Karen New Member

Hi Eddog4DROID,

palofbills has the same issue with his new Sony TV. See the thread "Welcome to the site, please post an introduction thread!" and check out post #6 from him. I am wondering if this is going to be an issue with the Revue as well? Will have to wait until the others have theirs in hand to see what they say about the PIP annoyance.

Nice to have you here.

3. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID New Member

Well, it seems he may have a similar problem? Not sure if it is the same one.

If anyone, who like me, used DTV/OTA and NOT Cable and Satellite and they have successfully got this to work with the "Live TV" section, please let us know! I have a feeling this will be a huge issue in the beginning. I could have swore that I head one review that says it is incompatible.

I have:

- Antenna hooked up thru RF on the TV
    - HDMI OUT on Google TV Blu Ray to TV HDMI
    - HDMI IN on actual Google TV Blu Ray Player has nothing attached: This is meant for an HDMI cable from either CAble or Satalite box.

If I am correct, when using DTV/OTA Broadcast signal, there is no input into the Google TV box for this. The Box is HDMI only and HDMI cords are not compatible. You would have to get the Sony TV (Which I would have if it wasn't 60 Hz!)

*** Is it possible that there is an Antenna that has an HDMI out instead of the Coax? If this exists, then you hook that up to the Google TV box directly and it should work, one would think.

4. majortom1981

majortom1981 New Member

In order to get live tv working you have to have something plugged into the hdmi in port. Thats where it gets its tv from. If you have a tivo with ota antenna then that should work.

I suspect an usb ota adapter coming out in the future but for now it has to be something connected to the hdmi in for tv stuff to work.

IF you have nothing connected to the hdmi in then yo uwill just get internet search , netflix and other web slash streaming video.