Quantcast

Sony Blu-Ray Gets update 7/29/2011

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by sputnick, Jul 29, 2011.

1. sputnick

sputnick New Member

I turned on my GTV this morning and there was an update available. I was so excited and the anticipation during the upgrade process was peaking. Could this finally be Honeycomb? The system reboots and the same damn interface comes up and the firmware is still on 2.1.....**sigh**.

Anyone know what this update does?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. bidger

bidger Member

3. daddypants

daddypants New Member

too bad its not a driver update for this gmote. the stupid volume and enter button could use some love. google keeps getting me all revved up and then letting me down with these updates. what a tease.

4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

If you had trouble with Google Music not playing previously, I noticed after Sony updated my flash that Google music worked once more. Not sure if you got the same patch as I did but you could test it and see if it works.

5. HeathNutso

HeathNutso New Member

There are so many problems with both the Sony and Logitech Google TV boxes that it will take a major re-write of the firmware to correct them. I don't think we'll see them all corrected... ever... even with the supposed major update coming later this year.

As a matter of fact, Logitech reported today that returns outnumbered sales last quarter.

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm on the Logitech Revue and I was interested in learning a bit more about the recent Adobe Flash update Sony Google TV users received. The Revue is still on Flash 10.1. Are the Sony Google TV users still on Flash 10.1 (and your recent Flash update was just some sort of 'tweak')? Or did you actually get Flash 10.2 or higher? I tried using the new Walmart Vudu streaming service today (with my Revue) - but it said I would need to upgrade my Flash to use it. Will the Walmart Vudu service work with Sony Google TV after your new Flash update?

7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Vudu does not work with the recent flash update as I tried playing the Johny English trailer and got an error that said my flash needed to be updated. Like I said else where previously the Logitech Revue gets a lot more updates faster then the Sony TV model I have.