Quantcast

Sony BDPS185 Blu ray compatibility?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Tartarus, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Tartarus

Tartarus New Member

i recently bought a cheap dynex blu ray with the goal of being fully hdmi compatable, those dreams are now shattered, i am returning the device this week, and buying a Sony BDPS185 blu ray player in hopes that the bravia link will allow me to control most(hopefully all) functions of the blu ray player(play pause, next, forwards backwards etc, pop up menu, top menu, menu navigation and the like) im not looking for control of the internet capabilities since my GTV does all that i need it to, i am wondering if anyone has this model player and if it is controllable through HDMI, if not, will IR control control all of the functions i need it to? this dynex is not under the IR devices list on the tv, so im definitely returning it.

Thanks for the help!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Unless someone here has that particular model and it is willing to speak up, it is difficult to tell whether anything is compatible with the Sony Google TV devices and at what capacity. Even people here with Sony receivers have complained about the irony that certain models aren't supported. It really is a shame too since the Sony IR commands are well documented. So, it is particularly disappointing when they don't address products within their own brand.