Quantcast

Sony and Update to new version

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by skull791, Mar 1, 2013.

1. skull791

skull791 New Member

any one knows of an update like vizio just got. I try to contact Sony but they don't know anything about anything. I start to consider to go back and getting vizio just for that reason but I love sony remote that is why i got sony.

2. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I asked also Sony and even vudu. Sony didn't know of anything. Not even sure if vudu replied to me. Pretty much what I got is nobody knows. And it's hard to get in touch with the people who do know.

3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

and this this is the exact reason i am starting to move away from Google tv... all the Graphical smoke and mirror... but very little robust development..
    take a look at the gtv play store... its not being adopted by devs... with out development its a dead platform, and all the fancy tv guide or speak search will only go so far... i have just rooted and rommed my Minix android PC... and there are 3 home brew roms to try out... and if i dont like those i can go back to stock.... and i can talk to a developer of the project.... yes im going far afield on this post abit,,, but i bought into revue and waited around for updates,, and then got screwed over when they could not take time to reset my freaking acount to i could get server connection.. and i bought a first gen sony box because i belive that100 bucks is just too thin a margin for a solid reliable google tv box... i still think that if it were me... i would just save the coin and let google figure out where they want to go with GTV,, because the second try,, is just horrid.. i dont know when your getting the update... but i know when im getting my updates.... heck i have a few i can do right now... no biggy... but this is the very reason i dont like google tv that much anymore... there is no passion in the development of the product.. those boxes can do a whole lot... but will not be allowed to... believe me i have been in the same place you all have... and at a point it was just too much... the pace of development on google tv is just static.... and thats too bad... i do hope you all get your up dates... heck i hope you all make it to Jellybean... or at least move off of Honycomb.... dont shoot the messenger...

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The update process should begin this month and finish up in due time, I think it usually takes a couple of months for all devices to receive the update once it begins rolling out. I know with the Revue, I got the last update on one of mine fairly quickly and the other about a month later. I replaced one Revue with a NSZ-GS7 and as things stand now, I see no real improvement but this update should be where that changes.