Quantcast

Sony and TivoHd

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by KLINK, Jan 14, 2012.

1. KLINK

KLINK New Member

I have the Sony NSZ-GT1 and 2 TivoHD boxes. The Tivos are sitting side by side and I use the 1 2 switch on the peanut remote to switch back and forth between the two units. Only Tivo is connected to the Sony GTV Box.

How do I get the Sony remote to control only the Tivo connected to it? Now the Sony remote controls both Tivos at the same time. I have the IR Blaster connected to the Tivo connected to the Sony GTV Box.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Set your the Tivo not connected to the Sony to another address. Tivo implements remote address pairing, so you should be able to change the address on the other Tivo so it ignores Address #1 which is the signal that Sony sends out.

3. KLINK

KLINK New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have had the Sony box for almost a month and it was working like should until yesterday when it started sending signals to both tivos. I did the Video Input install again but that did not solve the problem. I played around with some of the apps ending with the TV & Movies for Google TV app. I selected the NFL game from the app and saw that the tivo remote indicator light only came on the Tivo connected to the Sony box. I then tried all the buttons on the Sony remote controlling the Tivo and they just worked on the correct Tivo.

4. maifimd

maifimd New Member

I'm curious if you ever got the Tivo slider remote working with the Sony NSZ-GT1?

I bought it on sale at Amazon to address a need for programmability to get control of an Onkyo 509 AVR.

I'd like to keep the slider remote for the great signal from my remote recliner, but now that I've discovered how to use the Sony remote with my Tivo HD, I'm not sure if they'll coexist.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. I did. Even had a article outlined and almost ready post. Didn't post it at the time because I took a leave of absence for a while because of an issue with someone involved in these forums. If I haven't deleted the outline, I'll try and post it later. Though if you just want a summary, it "sort of works" just not at the level you'd actually want to spend money or use it as a replacement. It was fun to tinker and play with but the usability factor was not high enough for a recommendation.