Quantcast

Sony and Logitech show up in Android Market Supported Devices

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by qw545, Dec 14, 2011.

1. qw545

qw545 Member

I've been checking every day to see when Sony and/or Logitech would show up as a supported device in the Android Market website. It continued to show 11/30/11 as the most recent update to the supported list. Now the list shows that it has been updated to 12/12/11. The Logitech Revue is listed and Sony Internet TV is listed (I'm assuming that that is Sony Google TV). I knew that I wouldn't be able to have my Sony Google TV show up under My Market Account until it showed up as supported. Now that it has I still can't seem to get it to show up. Currently I have my Android phone (Nexus One) listed, but I can't seem to add Google TV. I tried to download something from the website, but it only offers me the opportunity to send it to my Nexus One. How do I get it to add my Sony Google TV?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I suspect that Google is still working on getting this fully fleshed out. It was pointed out on the Logitech forums that both the Logitech Revue and Sony Internet TV have been recently added to the list of "Supported Device List for the Android Market". There is nothing that you can do however to rush it. Google still needs to add the fingerprint of the Android devices in order for them to show as available installation destinations on the website.

• Like Like x 2
  3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Noticed today that my Sony Internet TV appears as a "Unknown Internet TV" and I can install apps onto it from the web interface of the Android Market. My Revue hasn't shown up yet. I suppose that Google has finally gotten around to approving the fingers prints for the web access.

• Like Like x 2
  4. antwonm

antwonm New Member

My Revue shows up in the Market (web interface) as one of My Devices (Settings).

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  5. halox

halox New Member

Here's what's cool - you can search for "All Apps" on the Android Marketplace ... and then filter the results to only show your device (I use a Revue). It comes up with around 160 apps you can install to your device.

You can also search for "All Games" and filter it out to your device ... and it comes up with a bunch of stuff there, too.

I can't tell if it's truly "all" the apps available for Google TV on the official marketplace, but it seems to be much more than what is accessible on the GTV Market itself.

HOWEVER, if you search for "GTV" or "GOOGLE TV," it definitely comes up with different apps. I wish there was a way to really search for all the apps on the Android Marketplace, then to filter by device.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012