Quantcast

Sony 46'' GTV HDMI keeps graying out

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by barrym07, Oct 28, 2012.

1. barrym07

barrym07 New Member

I have the 46'' model and my HDMI ports keep graying out when I try to select them in the 'input' menu. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it can see that I have devices connected to those ports and that they are on, but I'm not able to select them. I've tried different HDMI cables, I tried moving them to different ports. It's not just one device, it's all three that I have connected.

I have found two solutions that work, but they are annoying:

1st solution: I have a PS3 connected to my TV and I'm able to turn it on by pressing the button on my remote, this will allow the other inputs to become in a normal state and I can select the input that I want.

2nd solution: When that doesn't work the only other option I have is to get up and unplug the TV from the wall and then plug it in and wait for it boot up(seems like it takes forever). Since when you push the power button it doesn't actually turn the TV off just puts it in a sleep mode, I have to disconnect the power. When it comes back up, I can select my inputs.

As you can probably tell, this is very annoying and happens every couple of days.

Has this happened to anyone else? I tried looking around the forums and haven't seen anything.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Have you tried doing a factory reset of your Sony GTV?

3. barrym07

barrym07 New Member

yes I've tried that.