Quantcast

Sony 24" + DISH 222k Receiver

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by jwr108, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jwr108

jwr108 New Member

Going through the video input setup:

Edit Configured Devices
    HDMI 1
    (222k does not show up as an available source)

Add device manually
    HDMI 1 (DISH programming appears in small window)
    Cable/Satellite, etc.
    Provider: DISH Network, LLC

I'm stuck at this point. Can't do full integration option — I've tried ethernet between 222k and TV (which is wireless.) I've tried ethernet from home network to 222k.

When these don't work, I try the IR blaster (basic integration) and can't get any of the codes to work.

Maybe I'm not getting the concept...anybody got any ideas?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Is your Dish 222k enabled to accept IR or is it just configured for the RF remote? Also, do you know what the Dish Network's remote code address is set to? If you have multiple receivers in the home, it might not be set to address 1 which is default and is what the Revue's code sends codes against.

You actually, have to call Dish Network and subscribe to it otherwise IP access from the Revue is shut off. Once it is enabled, you they just need to be on the same subnet to communicate over the network.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

To get the codes to work with my dish receiver I had to use one of the ir blaster cables that were included with my tv. I put some tape on it and put it right over the top of the receiver as close to the eye of the receiver as possible and plugged the cable in to the tv in the back.

4. jwr108

jwr108 New Member

I'm actually already paying the $4.00 per month for DVR integration between a set top Revue and 722 DVR in another room. I would have thought that would cover it.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Call them up, they might not have enabled it with this box. I don't know if Dish charges per receiver, but I do know it has to be enabled individually.